Update on the guy who sabotaged my van

Larry

"Uncle Larry"
For anyone who doesn't know the backstory....in the mid 2000's my wife (before we met) worked for a guy named John who filed a lot of fraudulent tax returns. My wife was coerced into testifying against him by the IRS by threatening to include her into the lawsuit. So anyway, the guy went to Federal prison for 4 years. Well 6 months after he got out, about a year ago now, someone, we think it was this guy John, had the lugnuts on one tire of my van removed. The result was my drivers side back wheel flew off while I was doing 45 on a rural road. No one was hurt, but it was a helluva WTF! feeling, not in a good way either.

Well a few days ago he was hot dogging on his boat in the Delaware River, apparently jumping it over the wake of a passing tugboat, when he somehow got thrown from the boat.

He is presumed dead. Witnesses saw him trying to swim for shore, but he didn't make it. He wasn't wearing a life jacket. He's the only guy in the world I ever had to worry about and now he's dead. The boat just drove around in circles until it ran out of gas. I wonder if the boat hit him. Karma man. Do right by people.

Moral of the story: Don't f&^% with Uncle Larry.

And wear your life vest!

It's obvious that you removed the lug nuts on his boat to get some revenge. No need to hide it from us!

Larry, you never had any proof that your van was tampered with.
Wheels on vehicles do loosen from time to time. I know this because I am an automotive technician and I have seen it happen many times over the years. It is possible that the incident with your van was just an accidental occurrence.
Just saying.

What goes around comes around.

Grunts, I just noticed your signature line -- as you can see, it's also on mine (presumed family motto). Kind of fits this topic, eh?

I just added that yesterday. I saw it in a documentary and it just fit my mood at the time.

Its actually very cool story. A little mystery, intrigue, terror, and then 'just desserts' for the villain. Karma's a B$tch.

Larry, you never had any proof that your van was tampered with.
Wheels on vehicles do loosen from time to time. I know this because I am an automotive technician and I have seen it happen many times over the years. It is possible that the incident with your van was just an accidental occurrence.
Just saying.

I hear you Bob. But I don't believe it to be a natural accident. Another car at my house, a guest, had her lugs loosened during a SuperBowl party we were having a few months prior. She noticed hers the next day, nothing happened to her. I live on a cul de sac off the beaten path. 2 lug loosenings within a 3 month period is just too fishy. I have a locking lug on each mag. He couldn't get that off. It took 45 minutes for it to wiggle off. Thank God there was no oncoming traffic, or a cyclist, the projectile tire could have caused some real damage. As it happened it just hit a split rail fence. I thought the tire sounded a little loud when I first drove that day. I should have acted on my instincts. After I turned the radio up, that was it.

8 you're giving Henri a run for his money lol pretty funny. Is it wrong to feel good about a mans death? I am more relieved now, I can stop checking my lugs every day now.

8 you're giving Henri a run for his money lol pretty funny. Is it wrong to feel good about a mans death? I am more relieved now, I can stop checking my lugs every day now.
Glad you enjoyed it :)

Not wrong at all, under the circumstances. Sounds like the guy was a real s***-stain of a human being. The world is a better place without him.

Yea he wasn't a good hearted person. It feels strange that I have that stress taken away. Like is it really for real? They never recovered the body and the search was called off. It was a sort of an Easter present to my wife and I from the universe.

I don't think there's anything wrong with enjoying the death of someone who caused you so much grief.

To this day, I still get a smile on my face on the anniversary of the death of my stepdad.

Well if he made you crash your van then he certainly wasn't a nice guy but if not, there are worse people than tax cheats.

I know what you mean though. The world would be a better place without one of my ex girlfriends in it.

Hey... how do we know you didn't sabotage his boat?

Last edited:
Maybe he faked his death so he could harass you more? :p

What goes around comes around.
In this case, the hull of the boat :) Damn, just noticed Pocket beat me to it :(

8 = LOL!!!!

Larry, relief is a great feeling, & allowing you to get on with your life without second guessing is a small but significant thing. Applauding someone's demise seems so counter decency, but sometimes, we're just better off without those bad apples around. You've had a tough year, & deserve something to lift you up :)

We need Jack Bauer on this case asap. I'm glad the show 24 returns in a few weeks.

I also recall Larry the issue of this person allegedly bugging your van or something of that ilk. But you did right - put it in the hands of God or whatever higher power you want and let them to do the rest and don't worry about it.

I am glad that you no longer have to worry about the guy Larry and don't think there is anything wrong celebrating the death of someone who caused you pain and suffering. There are a few people I knew who met untimely deaths and their passing brought me utter joy. I just broke out into a wide smile thinking about one of the aholes who bit it - a stereo typical bully who harassed a girl friend (friend zone friend) of mine so bad that she is still messed up - he accidentally walked in front of an SUV while he was talking to his then girl friend and went SPLAT. The girl was not injured. Would have paid a lot of money to see that one...

Hate to admit it but it's the way it goes....

MM

Last edited:
Back