Bill Cosby drumming video

There's a new video up on DW of Bill Cosby on the Dick Cavett show where he talks about when he played the drums as a kid. If you haven't yet seen the video on Youtube or somewhere else yet, you've got to make sure to watch it. The way bill talks about drumming is too good.

http://www.drummerworld.com/Videos/billcosbydrumming.html

Thanks to Bernhard for uploading this video to the website.

OMG rigor mortis starts settin' in... too funny. I forgot how funny that cat is.

That's great! Reminds me of trying to keep up with faster rock stuff when I joined my first band as a drummer, Push/pull saved my life.

Pardon me for being young but what is Cherokee? Is that a song?

Thats great, I can relate to the band mate turning around and looking at you during a song..LOL for me it was the bass player during magic carpet ride when I totally lost the groove during the bo diddley shuffle part..

I wonder if Bill still plays?

And bonzolead is correct: the guy laughing his head off is Jack Benny. I know that for certain since he was my grandfather.

No doubt they saw this cocky kid with his blue tips and decided to give him a workout to see if he could back up his swagger with action.

That would have hurt when they started up Cherokee! Maybe he could have just played quarters as part of a funk groove, and then claimed he was being creative? :)
I was wondering am i the only one being skeptical here? I'd pay good money to see him back it up! These are probably the fruits one picks for being in contact with his feminine side! :D

And bonzolead is correct: the guy laughing his head off is Jack Benny. I know that for certain since he was my grandfather.

Wow!!!! I love Jack Benny. He was a heck of a violin player wasn't he?

billv.jpg

Back