Finally ...Pictures of my Yammies and Luddies

faxquo

Here is the set I just added to the collection:

(Main Set) Yamaha Maple Customs with internal mics
16"x22" Kicks with Shure Beta52's (Second kick is a Stage Custom)
Remo Powerstroke 3 batter and Ambassador resonants
10"x8", 10"x10", 12" x 10", 14"x12" and 16"x14" Toms with Sennheiser E604's
Evans clear G2 and G1 resonants
Snares: Leedy and Ludwig 7'x14", Ludwig Acrolite 5"x14", Ludwig Classic Maple 6-1/2"x14"
Remo coated Ambassador batters with Diplomat snare resonant
Cymbals: Zildjian A Custom 20" ride, 22" Zildjian (vintage) ride, 18" A Custom projection crash, 16" Sabian Hand Hammered dark crash, 14" Sabian HH hi-hats, 13" Zildjian A Custom Mastersound hi-hats.

(Backup Set) Ludwig CS Accent Glitter in Cherry Glitter Burst
18"x22" Kick, 10"x12", 11x13" rack toms and 16"x16" floor tom and 6-1/2"x14" snare, all with Remo Ambassador heads.
Cymbals: Zildjian ZHT 20" medium ride, 18" fast crash, 16" thin crash and 14" hi-hats.

Faxquo
http://crossmediumstudios.com

Attachments

• 0285_800.jpg
    0285_800.jpg
    332.5 KB · Views: 671
  • 0299_800.jpg
    0299_800.jpg
    341.7 KB · Views: 667
  • DSC_0302_800.jpg
    DSC_0302_800.jpg
    364.1 KB · Views: 671
  • drums.jpg
    drums.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 663
few questions,

57's as overheads?

Tom mics in the toms?

looks cool

Just using the SM57's to get the cymbals while practicing, will probably be using some SM81 overheads for recording.

All the Toms have internal May mounts with Sennheiser E604's

All this equipment doesn't seem to improve my drumming skills ... but I'm working at it!

Just using the SM57's to get the cymbals while practicing, will probably be using some SM81 overheads for recording.

All the Toms have internal May mounts with Sennheiser E604's

All this equipment doesn't seem to improve my drumming skills ... but I'm working at it!

ah cool, i was going to say 57's aren't the best overheads but for practicing there fine :) why did u choose to internal mount the Sennheisers?

ah cool, i was going to say 57's aren't the best overheads but for practicing there fine :) why did u choose to internal mount the Sennheisers?

I couldn't pass up the deal on this set, all 7 pieces came with the mics already mounted. Not my first choice, but for the price I thought it was worth the slight reduction in sound quality of the drums.

they're okay actually. Condensers are better because they have a better high frequency response but SM57s work fine, they've got a bit of a peak in the high mids but i mean you can sort that kind of thing out with a little EQ, no biggie.

As for internal mic mounting, it helps isolate the toms from the other drums. It's commonly done on the Kick drum but there's no reason you can't do it on the toms too. You don't get quite the high end definition that you do with external micing though.

Back