A $1395 double pedal?

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
Hi,

Well, as you can see I'm a Sonor guy. Love anything Sonor. I've never tried the Giant Steps only because they're so hard to come by where I'm from.

But I spoke to a guy once who got that very pedal. He said it was a big mistake. He said the feel was much worse than a normal double pedal. He ended up selling it and getting a Giant Step double.

I've heard nothing but bad things about that pedal. That's about all I know...as I said I've never actually played it myself. I wouldn't risk putting down that kinda money to find out how true it is. Because if it doesn't work for you...that's one pricey mistake.

Unless you have the money to spare...

But if you do try it out let me know how you get on with it.

All the best,
Sonor Player

Well, excuse me Mr. Bo "and you've got two pedals, what's that all about" Eder! Next thing, you'll be telling us a mid range Sonor's for life, & how could anyone possibly justify a high end Tama, lol!

Seriously, I like the idea of that pedal. Certainly opens up setup possibilities, but that's a big lump of money they're asking for!

I play the Sonor GSDP single action pedal....and have for about a year. Very smooth, very responsive, but a bit light. Im a big hitter with the feet and the pedals are feather light. The coolest thing is the ease of attachment to the drum with the Sonor docking station....no bass drum hoop rash to deal with.

F

I paid a bit more than that for my first car. Come on ...$1395! Look what Bonzo did with a Speedking. Just my 2 cents.

GJS

I've seen a few reviews of these/that and understandably, they weren't good.

The left of a double pedal feels harder/slower/sluggish compared to the main pedal. It's the case with almost all double pedals. This is basically two left pedals connected to the central cam with the beaters.

Bearing that in mind, surely both pedals would feel slow and sluggish in comparison to a normal main pedal? It also just provides you with more components to potentially break.

Pretty much pointless if you ask me, and don't even get me STARTED on the cost!
That $1395 price tag is even discounted from over $2,600!!

Well, excuse me Mr. Bo "and you've got two pedals, what's that all about" Eder! Next thing, you'll be telling us a mid range Sonor's for life, & how could anyone possibly justify a high end Tama, lol!

Seriously, I like the idea of that pedal. Certainly opens up setup possibilities, but that's a big lump of money they're asking for!

Well, let me reiterate, I played with the idea of looking into it further. The possibilities were what I was thinking about - it seems more interesting then a regular double pedal. However, Harry's suggestion of the Sleishman seems a bit more realistic, so a little closer to realization. It's too bad nobody stocks these things (even in L.A.! Dammit.) Sometimes just that minute or so trying to play it will tell me if it's something to pursue or to stop thinking about.

I will continue to fly on my Iron Cobra Jr. for now. Somebody said Bonham? I give you frikkin' Bonham....

I'm tellin' you Polly, you shoulda' took me up on my offer to send you my other Iron Cobra Jr....you'd really like it....

However, Harry's suggestion of the Sleishman seems a bit more realistic, so a little closer to realization. It's too bad nobody stocks these things (even in L.A.! Dammit.)

I bought my Off-Sets a few years before the Sleishman made it to a NAMM show. At that time, my choices were .... Sonor/Off-Set. Went back and forth, 3 out of 4 days at NAMM, doing the A/B thing on the 2 pedal systems. I liked the Off-Set better. When I got a chance to "pull the trigger" on an eBay auction (mom and pop drum shop selling the pedal new, but on auction), I did so.​
I have seen the Sleishman at Pro Drum, in Hollywood, but that was a few years ago. Might wanna call there ... see if they still carry it.​
I played the Sleishman at the NAMM, a few years after I bought the Off-Sets. Eventually, I'll own a Sleishman. Just not a big "priority" in my life, right now. Probably 90% of my playing, in the last 3 years, has been on single pedal ... Yamaha FDDD.​

That is a lot of money for that set-up. I don't get it though, where does the snare go, between it? and if so, where is there room foor floor toms? it stick out both side of the bass drum right? does anyone have a picture of one on a kit?

$1395? More mony than sense!

It would give me a wacky symmetrical set-up and maybe solve the problem of the primary pedal feeling different than the slave pedal.

Hey c'mon now, you're paying for the idea and its development, just like prescription drugs.

It would solve the 'slave feeling different than the primary pedal' issue for sure, you'd be playing two slaves, neither of which would feel as good as a main/primary pedal.

I was wondering how much those Sonor pedals were, but I was thinking $800.

WOW!, yeah, a little high.

Apparently, the $1395 price tag is the discounted store price. The retail is alot higher. Sonor seems to think the price of their hardware is justified when compared to the prices of their drums. I love the drums, though.

I can see (if you can afford it) buying Sonor high end drums because they really are some of the worlds finest hand crafted drums and they will hold their value.
Those Sonor pedals just seem funky to me. Did you notice that they designed the foot board in the shape of the the logo. They did that with the lugs too, but the footboard?.
Do you think thats an ergonomically smart design?.

I'd way rather spend $500 and get DW 9000s. Even that is alot for me but thats the absolute maximum I could ever see spending on pedals.

Back