Reverse Bass Pedal

unfunkyfooted

Silver Member
i just noticed that when i play air drums i play bass with my heel (and always have).

is there such a thing as a Reverse Bass Pedal ?

one that is played with the heel of the pedal rather than the front ?

i'm not sure how such a pedal would be constructed, but nothing's impossible, right ?

i just noticed that when i play air drums i play bass with my heel (and always have).

is there such a thing as a Reverse Bass Pedal ?

one that is played with the heel of the pedal rather than the front ?

i'm not sure how such a pedal would be constructed, but nothing's impossible, right ?

Its existed for years actually, the SMART PEDAL
is heel activated.

Your toe stays planted as the balance point, makes a lot of sense.

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    52.2 KB · Views: 20,785
wow. thanks so much. i expected this one to get no replies. : )

i feel so good, i'll press my luck and ask if there is a bass pedal that is activated in Both directions - front and back.

Don't really think this ever became a reality.

You can see its weakness'... would probably snap in half right at the fulcrum

Attachments

• Picture 4.png
    Picture 4.png
    34.7 KB · Views: 17,874
yes, that would be the obvious point of weakness...but surely it's do-able. either a super strong footboard or an easily replaceable one. it doesn't seem hard to do at all.

in fact a lot of these foot pedals seem like really convoluted designs. i would think that <ahem> less is more </ahem> regarding all of the movable parts on a foot pedal.

is there really a need for all of the straps and chains and la de da ? wouldn't a spring underneath the footboard do the trick ?

yes, that would be the obvious point of weakness...but surely it's do-able. either a super strong footboard or an easily replaceable one. it doesn't seem hard to do at all.

in fact a lot of these foot pedals seem like really convoluted designs. i would think that <ahem> less is more </ahem> regarding all of the movable parts on a foot pedal.

is there really a need for all of the straps and chains and la de da ? wouldn't a spring underneath the footboard do the trick ?

Read the patent description, that pedal is connected with a strap, tho 21st century materials could be used, i don't see this design as playable in a practical sense. Plus you'd have to build it yourself.

i was this close to ordering the Canon. then i checked my drumming real quick. i'm ok. today anyway. even on a Pearl P-120.

Have you ever thought of sitting on your bass drum as if it's the stool? I just did it, I'm new enough to drumming to not know if it works good enough or not. I had been practicing separation between my feet and I feel like I am in a groove with my high hat and kick when I keep my toe down. I think it works. Although you need an alternative way to set up your toms. It's really nice to feel instead of just hear your kick drum! Has anyone good ever done this?

Have you ever thought of sitting on your bass drum as if it's the stool? I just did it, I'm new enough to drumming to not know if it works good enough or not. I had been practicing separation between my feet and I feel like I am in a groove with my high hat and kick when I keep my toe down. I think it works. Although you need an alternative way to set up your toms. It's really nice to feel instead of just hear your kick drum! Has anyone good ever done this?

I like the idea, heel activation. Set the toms in front on stands on the same horizontal plane as the snare, nice space saver too.

Back