Istanbul Agop Picture-Fest

More OM fun.......

This time a 18" OM Crash at 1200g's.

I'm including several profile shots due to the very interesting pronounced edge features, straight on profile and top and bottom bell/bridge on this particular cymbal. All these contribute to it's very nice full on quick rich crash and shimmer. Great crash!

Attachments

• 18 OM 1200g {front}.jpg
    18 OM 1200g {front}.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 2,268
  • 18 OM edge detail  03.jpg
    18 OM edge detail 03.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 2,160
  • 18 OM edge detail  02.jpg
    18 OM edge detail 02.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 2,155
  • 18 OM edge detail 01.jpg
    18 OM edge detail 01.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 2,176
  • 18 OM lower bell bridge.jpg
    18 OM lower bell bridge.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 2,160
  • 18 OM upper bell bridge.jpg
    18 OM upper bell bridge.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 2,185
  • 18 OM straight on profile.jpg
    18 OM straight on profile.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 2,176
Stan the Man, I am still very envious of your pie collection. I hope your homeowners insurance covers all of these. And I think it's time to change your name to Entennmans since you have more pies than they.

Stan the Man, I am still very envious of your pie collection. I hope your homeowners insurance covers all of these. And I think it's time to change your name to Entennmans since you have more pies than they.

LOL!!! ........ good one :}

Time to get a new very hungry guard dog me thinks GD...:}

studio_setup_08.jpg

Sonor S-Class Drums on a loaner Gibraltar Rack:
B - 10"(x9") Tom
C - 12"(x10") Tom
D - 14"(x12") Tom
E - 22"(x16") Bass

A - 5x14 Ludwig BB "Brass-On-Brass" Model; 5.5x14 Tama Starclassic Birch

setup_08.jpg

1. 14" Istanbul Agop Alchemy Rock Hi-Hats
  2. 17" Istanbul Agop Alchemy Rock Custom Crash
  3. 16" Istanbul Agop Alchemy Raw China
  4. 18" Istanbul Agop Traditional China Pang
  5. 22" Istanbul Agop Alchemy Rock Ride
  6. 21" Istanbul Agop Traditional Crash Ride

#2 has been recently replaced by the 18" Istanbul Agop Alchemy Power-X Crash

Thanks for looking

Here's a updated shot of my 22" Epoch at 2635g with the larger logo removed that always sat at the target spot. I like this look better with just the "Epoch" logo...looks sharp!

Attachments

• Epoch 2635g without bottom logo.jpg
    Epoch 2635g without bottom logo.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 3,159
I've never even seen an Istanbul in the "flesh" in Sydney, let alone played or owned one *jealous*

If it sounds anywhere near as beautiful as it looks, it would be a dream.

22" SE TW at 2975g.

From 2004 and could be one of the original prototypes or one of the first batch of ten production models from the factory shipped to Heartbeat here in Canada I was told from a records check by Noel at the shop. At any point is is ultra rare especially at this med. heavy weight with its distincive Sig bottom seen and sounds amazing and there's still bit of a mystery around where it came from to be found in the 22" rack with other new pies discovered by your's truly yesterday well on a social visit :}

Front and back shots. Pictures don't show its unique TW profile but you can see the hand applied cm/inches ink stamp on the back:

Attachments

• Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 1,948
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 2,249
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 2,114
I've never even seen an Istanbul in the "flesh" in Sydney, let alone played or owned one *jealous*

If it sounds anywhere near as beautiful as it looks, it would be a dream.
You don't find them in shops often in the States either.
Few drum shops stock Agop's.
I found a used one recently in a drum shop in Connecticut and I bought it.
I pretty much have to use the net for private sales to buy them around here.

Many of the drummers that I meet look at mine and they do a double take when they first see them at gigs and such because they have never seen one in person.
They almost always ask me if they can hit mine.

I just bought this one on eBay. A 21" Istanbul Agop Special Edition Jazz Ride (1557 grams).

agop1.jpg

agop2.jpg

Cool..... those thin regular SE rides are a real trip too and that's a very light 21 you have there Jordan. Congrats!

Had a 22" SE ride at just over 2000g that I sold to a good buddy of mine who really digs it.

Enjoy :}

Here's a few fun pics captured by a friend {and camera} of my reflection in my 10" Alchemy Pro Power Splash of me playing my sound effects tree made up of 6" and 8" Raw Bells and a 12" Trash Hit.

The brillant finish one used for capturing the image will be added to the tree very soon with yet another 6" Gilbraltar stacker that I just ordered in.......

Attachments

• Reflection 2.jpg
    Reflection 2.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 1,929
  • Reflection 1.jpg
    Reflection 1.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 1,970
  • Reflection 3.jpg
    Reflection 3.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 1,929
Here's a few fun pics captured by a friend {and camera} of my reflection in my 10" Alchemy Pro Power Splash of me playing my sound effects tree made up of 6" and 8" Raw Bells and a 12" Trash Hit.

The brillant finish one used for capturing the image will be added to the tree very soon with yet another 6" Gilbraltar stacker that I just ordered in.......
I like the distorted facial expression in the second pic. Very Picasso-like

My Istanbul Agop Xist Brilliant 20" Ride

38066_1420288200502_1631588452_969832_868188_n.jpg

It's a poor quality image, but soon I'll make some more :)

Except my Paiste Alpha 16" China I also have
Xist 14" Hi-Hats
16" Crash
18" Crash

22 1/2" Epoch at 3070g from the first run back in 2008.

Turned up recently after some moving about and shuffling of some pies at the Canadian Distributors location. It was brought to my attention by Chad at Heartbeat a few weeks back. Thanks Chad!

Amazing pie with qualities of the lighter versions and their original weight of med. heavy for the vibe and character Lenny was going after. Actually this one sounds a lot like Lenny's Epoch heard on the "Return to Forever: Live at Montreaux" DVD.

At this weight it has a nice defined clear higher pitched stick click with a very dark and complex controlled wash underneath. Lots happening in the wash in this Epoch sample such as a bit of a pleasing sounding built in sizzle going on under the stick. Nice quick thunderous crash and many sweet spots depending on the placement and angle of the stick for interesting sounding shoulder crashes. Dig the bell on this one too. Check out the extensive hammering and very defined downward hook and overall profile on this sample in the pics.

And yes I have a few of these Epoch rides now that are all a bit different because I really dig the sound of them when heard within the music :}

Attachments

• Epoch 3070 top with hook.jpg
    Epoch 3070 top with hook.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 1,813
  • Epoch 3070 edge hook.jpg
    Epoch 3070 edge hook.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 1,826
  • Epoch 3070 close up profile.jpg
    Epoch 3070 close up profile.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 1,829
  • Epoch 3070 full profile.jpg
    Epoch 3070 full profile.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 1,839
  • Epoch 3070g 1 {back}.jpg
    Epoch 3070g 1 {back}.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 2,043
  • Epoch 3070g  {front}.jpg
    Epoch 3070g {front}.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 2,094
  • Epoch 3070 top 1.jpg
    Epoch 3070 top 1.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 1,803
Last edited:
Stan you have no idea how jealous i am of you. If i ever invest in a full on jazz set i'm going to get...

22" Agop Sig. ride
15" OM hats
18" and 20" Epoch crashes.

Mmm, i can hear it now...

Back