I don't listen to Led Zeppelin... introduce me!

Believe it or not, I still have the original "The Song Remains The Same" double album, 33 rpm...a real nice antiquity!

DMC, it's been years since I've heard Zep or the Fab Four on radio. Maybe it's a US thing?

I bought a DVD of a Zep gig - late period because it included some tracks from Presence. Robert explained that he had some ailment and Jimmy P was recovering from "sleeping sickness". Apart from JPJ, they were all really sloppy - very disappointing.

I have another, much earlier, DVD of the band and they're in blazing form. On nights and off nights, I guess.

Believe it or not, I still have the original "The Song Remains The Same" double album, 33 rpm...a real nice antiquity!

Same here.......in fact I still have all their albums on vinyl. No turntable to play them on, but I can't bring myself to get rid of them.

I bought a DVD of a Zep gig - late period because it included some tracks from Presence. Robert explained that he had some ailment and Jimmy P was recovering from "sleeping sickness". Apart from JPJ, they were all really sloppy - very disappointing.

What DVD and where do I get it? Can't be worse than some of the bootlegs I have. I want it.......sloppiness and all!!

I admit, I own very little Led Zeppelin, because every Zep song is played on the radio constantly. Any time I need to hear Bonham, he's right there on the radio.
That's why I like LZ III & Presence you hardly ever hear any of those tracks except for "the immigrant song" which is fine because it's so badass anyway.

Bonzolead

Physical Graffitti is my favorite Zep Album but I do love them all.

There's a ton of Zeppelin songs I never hear on the radio. I guess it's not overplayed to me because I rarely listen to the radio anymore.

I fully agree on that mate! can´t get rid of them, they are part of you...in addition, I still have LZ I, IV and Coda.

Same here.......in fact I still have all their albums on vinyl. No turntable to play them on, but I can't bring myself to get rid of them.

What DVD and where do I get it? Can't be worse than some of the bootlegs I have. I want it.......sloppiness and all!!

Most classic rock stations seem to put their stuff on fairly often.

If you can't get a feel for them that way, you might want to get the Page / Plant "Unledded" video. It's a good introduction / overview to LZ's music. That's how I started. Then I bought the full boxed set.

Great stuff, lots of great gems in those 10 CDs.

Most classic rock stations seem to put their stuff on fairly often.

If you can't get a feel for them that way, you might want to get the Page / Plant "Unledded" video. It's a good introduction / overview to LZ's music. That's how I started. Then I bought the full boxed set.

Great stuff, lots of great gems in those 10 CDs.

Agreed. After I saw that I was listening to LZ's music constantly. I think that is what got me hooked.

Last edited:
There seems to be two groups of Led Zep fans - the ones who prefer the shorter rocky songs and the ones who prefer the extended songs - I fall into the latter group and suggest this shortlist:

Extended songs:
Stairway to Heaven
Kashmir
Since I've Been Loving You
In My Time of Dying
Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
The Rain Song
Achilles Last Stand

Short songs:
Rock and Roll
The Ocean
Whole Lotta Love
Immigrant Song
D'yer M'ker

The boxed set DVDs are very good too.

There seems to be two groups of Led Zep fans - the ones who prefer the shorter rocky songs and the ones who prefer the extended songs -

Not me. I like them all. They're one of the few groups (if not the only group) I can listen to from Zep I to Coda without skipping a song.

LOL!!

One I couldn't see here (if it's been mentioned and I missed it, then apols).....check out Night Flight off Physical Graffiti. Definitely one of my favourite Bonham drum tracks.....makes the song IMHO.

Yeah physical graffiti has a few where I listen to that bass drum and find it hard to believe he could play that with a single pedal.. The Wonton Song,and In my time of dying. Pffffttt',..Give me a break : )

I heard a very good tribute band last year and they played the Wonton song and I heard exactly where the drummer did not pull off the bass drum hits :)12--:14 and :23--:25 as I was actually waiting for it when they started the song.. I asked the drummer about it afterwards without being a dick and he said the only one's who notice are other drummers.. He has been working on it for a long time but not quite there yet and if he tries it and does not pull it off it throws his groove off and then the whole song suffers.

Good piece of advice actually, unless you own it in practice trying it in the middle of a song could be disastrous.

Last edited:
Back