What's your "day" job?

I'm a peripatetic drum teacher in schools in my area. I gig with several bands and i session when they come up.

Last edited:
I didn't realize that I've been on drummerworld for almost two years and I've been at a new job for the last year.

I currently work for a garage door company/manufacturer called Amarr. It's a pretty big company throughout the US and Mexico. I work in a "door center" where we basically ship orders to contractors/garage door installers...we don't sell to the public or homeowners. However, if you go to buy a garage door at Lowe's...you will get a Reliabilt garage door, which is Amarr.

I'm a Dayside Backroom worker at Target. Probably the best job outside of having an actual career.

I do the same thing as my part time job, store #T1845 (wilkes-barre, pa). I'm currently taking a "break" from being a full-time musician and I started working part time at Target. You're right, it's not a bad job at all.

Artist.....mainly storyboarding tv commercials and movies. Then all sorts of illustrations from dog food packages to comics.

currently i am a senior in college waiting to graduate. my job is a part time worship leader in loveland, oh. i will become a full time worship leader when i graduate...so knowing drums is incredibly handy :)

hoping to gig out when i get more time to take it seriously.

How cool is it to be a fulltime worship leader :)
One day I want to be fulltime for the Kingdom...

How cool is it to be a fulltime worship leader :)
One day I want to be fulltime for the Kingdom...

Me too :) guess we'll work that job together.

My day job is studying "Advanced Technology" at the university of Twente in Enschede, the netherlands. I hope to get a bachelor's degree in that study, after which I wanna get a master's degree in industrial design engineering. I get scholarship and allowance, but need to work 2 evenings per week to be able to get by comfortably. That job sucks: calling people for market research. I really hate that job but it's the only thing I can do for about 8 hours a week, with flexible planning.
Sometimes that job is fun though, when I get a really dumb person on the phone I can sometimes have a good laugh at how they react to my phone call.

I guess my dream job after getting a master's degree would either be a pro drummer, or working as a design engineer for companies like Tama, Remo, Pearl, Paiste...anything drumming related.

I deliver for a restaurant called Green Mill, which is fairly regional in the upper midwest.

I make minimum wage, but actually pull down about 25-30 bucks an hour with tips.

It pays the bills...

I also gig with various jazz groups pretty heavily and have been in a few well paid cover bands in the past. Looking forward to getting back into heavier playing, but for now the jazz is keeping me afloat both artistically and financially so I can't complain.

I'm a Palindrome inspector. Nah, just kidding....I'm an Electric Chair Re-upholsterer!!

I could not resist, sorrry :)

75sling

I work for an IT outsourcing company in the Vail valley of Colorado. There are lots of small businesses (and larger ones too) without their own IT staff, so we take care of their PCs, servers, networks, firewalls, etc.

I am an Account Manager - I have 1 client and I manage every part of their IT: servers, PCs, budgets, long-term planning, etc. It basically equates to an IT director position, except I do not work for the compant I support.

I'm a student.. When I play gigs I actually get some good money.. We made $72 in tips at the last gig we played. I worked at Chic-Fila last year, but I'm never workin in the food service again!! I'm applying to Barnes and Noble and Blockbuster for this summer... I want to work at music store though.

I had originally planned a career in music (went to Berklee, made a living playing and recording for several years) but later decided to go to college and graduate school for psychology and clinical social work. I'm currently working as a psychotherapist in an outpatient clinic.

spleen

I'm trying to get a job as a milk(wo)man but at the moment i have no job. Oh actually i get £15 a month doing Avon (delivering makeup and yes i was correct £15 A.K.A $30)

Back