Goodbye Dad...

Henri,

My sympathies go out to you and your family. It's very, very difficult to lose a parent. My heart goes out to you indeed.

Hopefully knowing that he went peacefully and surrounded by loving family brings comfort.

David

Sorry for your loss and difficulties. I lost my father in 1988 and not one day has gone by without him in my thoughts in some small way. I e-mailed my sister friday about a funny thing my dad did when we were little and we had a laugh. Time heals and you only seem to remember the good times. Hang in there.

You are one of the nicest people on this, or any site. I wish you only the best! I lost my dad this year, and not a day goes by that I don't wish I actually cared that he is gone. Be so very great full you had a good relationship with you father. I think it hurts more when you don't and they pass away.

So sorry for your loss, you were blessed to have your Dad in your life for such a long time. Wish you all the best.

I'm so sorry for your loss Henri.No words can assauge the anguish you're feeling now.Just take strength in knowing you loved and were loved in return. He had a hell of a run.Namaste.

Steve B

Sorry Henri. I agree with previous poster - you seem to be a really nice person. Your dad must have raised you well :) Keep positive.

Sir,

My sympathies and prayers go out to you and your family. Lost my Dad 11 months ago and miss him like crazy. Time does heal..........not entirely.......but it does get a little easier.

God Bless You and Yours,

Butch

Some of you knows that my Dad was in hospital suffering from a lung cancer, which unfortunately, has been discovered far to late, I've been going back and forth to Switzerland since returning from the LDS, and I was able to chat a lot with my Dad and to support my Sister and her children during this difficult time.

My Dad passed away on Wednesday 14th of November, aged 84, peacefully, with love, holding hands with my Sister and I, the funeral was on Friday, over 70 persons attended the ceremony, family and friends, and I knew 90% of them.

Funerals are a strange event, even it's sad to loose those we love dearly, it's also an event where you meet old friends you haven't seen for many years, very emotional, but in a nice way.

I have been blessed to be there when both my parents went away, it takes away the regrets, you're just left with the happy memories.

My Dad's last words: "See you soon"

So sorry to hear. It sounds like your dad led a good life, with the love of many people, and that is all any of us can really ask for.

Duncan, Zickos, Bob, Bon, Jules, Mary, Sirwill, nhzoso, Anthony, Doc, Larry, Matt, Manningluck, evolving machine, Andy, Abe, David, Mikey The Old Hyke, Bandit, 2B, Steve, larryz, Butch and Martin, thank you for the kind words, it goes straight to the heart, you're all wonderful, this forum almost feels like family for me :)

Yes Abe, this year was really a bad year for parents, especially Dads.

Yes Matt, I agree, I came home with my pockets full of e-mail addresses, phone numbers, home addresses... and I promised that I would keep in touch... indeed, we need to see each others more often :)

Butch, Bandit, I'm really sorry for your loss... hang on to those memories.

Jules... Cheers!

Mary, I hope I live long enough to see you live with that rock band of yours, 127 years should do it...

Andy... sincerely, thanks my friend, your messages and encouragements gave me strength throughout this emotional period...

I'm ok, I know that with time it gets easier, but the first few weeks ahead will be very emotional indeed.

Thanks again guys and gals, you rock!!!

Big hugs

Henri

Last edited:
Condolences Henri. Work through it as best you can.​

You'll come around soon, Henri. It's tough.

I lost my dad in 2004. He moved to Florida in 1988, and I only got to see him a few times after he moved there. We got along good and he never treated me badly. He came to California for a visit in Spring of '04 and got to meet my new wife. We had a family reunion in N. Calif. where the rest of my family lives and that was the last time I saw him. He passed away in the fall. It was quite sudden because he had an aeortic aneurysm. Here today, gone tomorrow. I was too broke to fly to Florida and go to his "Rememberance Day". I guess his wife didn't want to give him a proper funeral.

Take it easy bro...

Hi Henri,

Just saw this. My condolences to you and your family. My father passed away from the same disease almost 12 years ago. I think of him all the time.

It does get a little easier with time.

Dear Mad About Drums,

My condolence as well in this tough period. In Holland we have a saying that goes like shared pain is half the pain and my father too has died from that horrible disease that takes so many lives. So let us keep sharing the pain until there is no more pain to share!

My deepest condolences to you and your family.

Harry; Bon, Philippe, Piebe and Muckster, thank you guys, your kind words brings comfort to me and my family.

Piebe, that proverb from Holland is so true.

Anthony, Philippe and Piebe, yes... unfortunately, cancer is still a disease that we're struggling to find a cure, and it's an horrible, slow and painful illness, I hope one day we can overcome this calamity.

Hugs

Henri

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. My dad lost his battle with COPD and fibrosis of the lungs back in May, at age 83. He will be greatly missed, but I will have incredibly fond and loving memories of him, and I'm sure you will of your father as well.

See you soon...Yea that really got me...He's right though...hopefully not too soon...

Count me in the 2012 club. Circle of Life. He gave us you, you gave the world your daughter...and so on and so on.

If it's any consolation, your Dad helped create a fine human being. I don't know your Sister, but It's an honor to know you Henri, you are a classy and elegant man. I'm glad you were there when he crossed over, that makes it a lot easier.

It's a strange feeling when you don't have that backup anymore. Now everyone looks to you.

It's a strange feeling when you don't have that backup anymore. Now everyone looks to you.
Yes Larry, I found that head of the family, "buck stops with you" thing kind of surreally spooky too. Even though I'm used to charting my own course, I still very much miss that guaranteed non partisan appraisal of choices.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. My dad lost his battle with COPD and fibrosis of the lungs back in May, at age 83. He will be greatly missed, but I will have incredibly fond and loving memories of him, and I'm sure you will of your father as well.

Thank you Sir, I really appreciate your prayers.

I'm very sorry for your loss, please accept all my sympathy inneedofgrace, decidedly, 2012 hasn't been a good year, so many of us have been sadden by the lost of our loved Fathers.

Larry, thank you for such kind words, and yes, the circle of life continue, but we'll greatly miss the ones who brought us to life, my Father use to say to me "You may take my seat, but you'll never take my place", these words have such a full meaning now he's gone, you just realise how much everyone is unique, even when we're from the same blood, the "circle of life" continue, but each parts of this circle is unique... and, yes, everyone looks up to you, a very strange feeling indeed.

Back