Is it the miking or the camera?

Funky Crêpe

Silver Member
Hey

I have been using a camara on a laptop, if i get mikes will my kit sound great even though the camera is'nt?

The video and the audio are two separate entities! You can have good sound with poor video. What are you planning to get for mic's?

sorry, i did'nt get my point across, i meant the video not the camera. I recorded myself using a laptop video, no mics....the visual was goo but the sound was'nt.
If the laptop's sound is'nt good, will mikes do anything? I am a complete newbe when it comes to miking, i also don't even know how or what to attach the mikes to!

The easiest thing to do is to get a usb direct plug in condenser mic. (plugs into the usb port on your computer) They are inexpensive. I have one that is made by Samson. It is easy to use. I record direct into QuickTime Player and GarageBand with it on my Mac. I'm not a comp geek either, and I had no probs with it. You can easily use it with your computer camera.
Here is a sound sample that I made with it.
You will have to plug the mic in and start your computer so that it sees it. You will have to go to the sound preferences menu and select the mic as the sound source and set the record volume.

Attachments

• Rhythm Traveler sample.mp3
    1.8 MB · Views: 106
Last edited:
The easiest thing to do is to get a usb direct plug in condenser mic. (plugs into the usb port on your computer) They are inexpensive. I have one that is made by Samson. It is easy to use. I record direct into QuickTime Player and GarageBand with it on my Mac. I'm not a comp geek either, and I had no probs with it. You can easily use it with your computer camera.
Here is a sound sample that I made with it.
You will have to plug the mic in and start your computer so that it sees it. You will have to go to the sound preferences menu and select the mic as the sound source and set the record volume.

hmmmmm, sounds like a good mic! Sounds relatively easy too set up aswell, thaks bob, i'll try and get my hands on it as soon as possible. Today i recorded "summerwind" "mister magic"....etc. and the playing was okay, but the sound was very bad. I still have to put them up on youtube though, i have a jazz funk group waiting for vids!
Later

Back