805's NEW K!!!!!!!

That's a nice score. It has a different feel due to the fact that it is thicker/heavier then your other crash cymbals due to the fact that it's a crash/ride. I myself prefer the feel of hitting a thicker/heavy cymbal.

I'm sure that 22" K will make a great addition to your kit.

That Rogers looks like a great restoration project. I'm sure after a good clean, some new hardware to replace the broken/missing stuff and new heads it would sound killer. You should suggest that if he ends up selling some of those cymbals he uses the money to restore them.

Wow 805drummer you've really outdone yourself this time. You're turning into a right little wheeler dealer :p. But seriously i mean your friend's sister's boyfriend must be sick in the noggin or something to just give those away. Even if he didn't know anything about drums, just type the names of all the cymbals into google (although i'd rather he used another search engine) and bam. 1,000,000+ results all about how nice Zildjian As and Ks are and how one cymbal can be worth hundreds of dollars. What an idiot. Or he just doesn't give a TOSS about money. I know which one i think is the right answer here.

BAM! Score! Nice find, congratulations. I am jealous too, closest I ever got to a steal was a Paiste Sound Formula crash and china, 155 euros for the both of them (they could easily generate 90~100 each for the collector value) but this... this is heresy!

Have fun with it!

Awesome score on the K, I love mine.

And that kit will sound amazing with new heads and some tlc. Is a Vintage Rogers, probably worth serious cash fixed up. Update the stands, pedal and thrones. Put new (And bottom) heads on it and he's got a gold mine.

I know you don't like the hardware on that kit but that's because it's a vintage kit! Vintage kits have crap hardware! (sorry if you like that sort of thing but really it's true isn't it?). Get new stands and throne, some new heads top and bottom and tune it up well and it'll sound like a beastie.

No one seems to of commented on the fact that he's ripped off one of his mates! :p

Great find though

Well i can't talk, bought an epiphone goth explorer off my mate for £100, 2 weeks later it was sold on ebay for £221 + delivery which was £65. Really i only decided to sell it because he wouldn't let me have it until i'd given him all the money, even though i'd paid £80. I just think, mate, you're my mate, you're supposed to TRUST me yeah?

Thanks everyone, I sent him a link to this thread so he can see what he should do with his kit, in terms of fixing it and everything.

As for the price...I must admit, I do feel a bit guilty xD

Although 20 does seem to be the magic number for me...after all, remember last year when I got the Yamaha SFZ for $20?

More pictures:

Pic0910.jpg

Pic0911.jpg

Are these JoJo Mayer's drumsticks?

We apparently live in the same area—and know the same people. I just saw this thread linked in Ben's Facebook status... I just wish I had been lucky enough to be the one to help him set up his kit!

Nice K!

We apparently live in the same area—and know the same people. I just saw this thread linked in Ben's Facebook status... I just wish I had been lucky enough to be the one to help him set up his kit!

Nice K!

No way! Seriously dude? PM me with your name...maybe I know you.

Back