Should I warn them???

Life would be boring without people like Sticks, save for the insults I guess. He's never bothered me. But then again I've never talked down Mapex. Seems like a person trying to be nice. I know it doesn't last sometimes. But he did cross the border into the US to buy a Ludwig Black Beauty. Give him some credit ....

I think it's not our business to warn anybody about anyone, it puts things in other people's mind, right or wrong, I think people should judge by themselves, it's never really good to judge people on hearsay...

Glen has his own demons to deal with, and only himself can deal with them...

It's a new drumming site for him, he says he's changed and has learned, and hopefully improve in his behaviour, he deserves his chances on that site... may the one who never did anything wrong throw the first stone at him to ternish his character on DrumChat, I surely won't do it.

I'm not particularly on Glen's side, but I genuinely believe that it's a matter between him and his new member friends.

Just my 2c on this matter.

Glen is this you?
I guess I should've selected a name without the word 'Stick' in it...oh well, we all love our drumsticks, so maybe together we can come to love the word again!

I've personally only ever owned a Pearl and a Tama kit...no Mapex...just for clarification, lol

I think that's very fair of you Henri. I wish I could be so forgiving. Sadly, I'm not as nice as you!

Haha... I'm not nice Dunc, trust me on that :)

... but I have nothing to forgive Glen about, personally...

In all seriousness, what's rewarding for any of us to warn thousands of people we don't even know, what self satisfaction could this provide... vengeance? hate? ...I don't get it TBH.

His behaviour here on DW was sufficient to warrant several bans, and I'm certainly not disputing it or even discussing it on the forum, as far as I'm concerned, Bernhard doesn't want Glen on this site in any shape of form, and that's more than fine, we're only guests here, Bernhard's house, Bernhard's rules :)

What will or won't happen on another drumming site is not my problem, it will be the problem(s) (if any happen) of the mods on DrumChat.

If Glen behave the same exact manner he conducted himself here on DW, surely, he won't last that long on DC, on the other hand, if he does behave like a "normal" member, he might enjoy his new forum for years to come, only Glen can decide this, not us.

If Glen behave the same exact manner he conducted himself here on DW, surely, he won't last that long on DC, on the other hand, if he does behave like a "normal" member, he might enjoy his new forum for years to come, only Glen can decide this, not us.
I was a member of DC for a short time and didn't get the impression that they were a very forgiving bunch - they have (or had) a lot of mods who spent most of their time rewriting and/or deleting posts, admonishing members for tone, and they won't think twice about lifetime bans for first offenses.

DW, on the other hand, is very accommodating to different POVs and understanding that sometimes people have bad days. It takes quite a bit, comparatively speaking, to get banned from here, so I wouldn't bet on any longevity for him there.

Man he's delusional:

Emboldened and italicised for emphasis.

He thinks we mishandled him? Really? Really?

EDIT: Because having lots of 'cool stuff' and opinions that nobody wants to hear are requisite for staying on a forum.

In general, coming to a new board to talk about your drama on another board rarely endures you to the membership of the new board.

It just sort of announces "hi, I am a drama queen".

Which, as you said, is sad.

If you want to go somewhere for a fresh start, then start fresh and leave the dirty laundry behind.

DW, on the other hand, is very accommodating to different POVs and understanding that sometimes people have bad days. It takes quite a bit, comparatively speaking, to get banned from here, so I wouldn't bet on any longevity for him there.

Then so be it, he'll get banned, but it won't be based on comments from any of us, he'll only have to blame himself.

You're right Mike, this forum is very open minded and quite tolerant towards its members, which is really cool, nobody's perfect :)

Then so be it, he'll get banned, but it won't be based on comments from any of us, he'll only have to blame himself.

You're right Mike, this forum is very open minded and quite tolerant towards its members, which is really cool, nobody's perfect :)

I've got nothing but time and respect for this forum. I've been banned in the past and been allowed a fresh start more than once. For that, I have to thank Bernhard and the moderators for allowing me continue here.

We all have bad days and we all say things that cross the line. In Glen's case, it's several times too often.

Last edited:
In general, coming to a new board to talk about your drama on another board rarely endures you to the membership of the new board.

It just sort of announces "hi, I am a drama queen".

If you want to go somewhere for a fresh start, then start fresh and leave the dirty laundry behind.

100% agree Ian...

New site, new start, new name and no luggage... you only get one chance to do a first impression.

Hello everyone! Newbie here and an established member over at DC. I just happen to be reading a thread this morning started by a new guy named Sticks4drums. I don't know what to make of his post. It was kind of implied in his post that he may have created some friction here. I know that it will never fly over at DC. Guess we'll see what happens!

Hello everyone! Newbie here and an established member over at DC. I just happen to be reading a thread this morning started by a new guy named Sticks4drums. I don't know what to make of his post. It was kind of implied in his post that he may have created some friction here. I know that it will never fly over at DC. Guess we'll see what happens![/QUOTE

Welcome to Drummerworld. As for him, I didn't have problems with him, but he caused trouble for some others. He does frequently try to get on here even though he has been banned plenty of times, and sometimes does. Hopefully for those on drum chat he is better there. He did admit to saying some things he shouldn't, maybe he will be fine.

Welcome to Drummerworld. As for him, I didn't have problems with him, but he caused trouble for some others. He does frequently try to get on here even though he has been banned plenty of times, and sometimes does. Hopefully for those on drum chat he is better there. He did admit to saying some things he shouldn't, maybe he will be fine.

Thanks for the welcome, slowrocker!

Ya, I can tell you right now, the mods over at DC are a very forgiving bunch, but I know that they won't tolerate unruly members. DC is a very family friendly and civil forum.

Welcome to the forum Markadiddle. Good luck with Glen. He might change (and I believe that everyone can) but past form says that the 'change' is all talk, unfortunately.

Thanks for the welcome! Glad to be here!!

Sorry for the double post here. Like I said in my previous post, they don't tolerate unruly members over there. There is a very civil tone to that forum and I hope it stays that way.

Ya, I can tell you right now, the mods over at DC are a very forgiving bunch, but I know that they won't tolerate unruly members. DC is a very family friendly and civil forum.

Welcome to the forum Mark (I'm guessing it's Mark?)

You'll like it here, we're a nice bunch of friendly members :)

Ditto for this forum, a very friendly forum, but if a member crosses the line, the ban hammer strike, which is only fair do, isn't it?

To Stickit...

Apologies man, it was just a guess. No you are not Glen aka sticks4drums.

Glen could be the most notorious member, living or dead, that has ever been here.

Markadiddle, great handle and your avi made me chuckle. Welcome.

Welcome to the forum Mark (I'm guessing it's Mark?)

You'll like it here, we're a nice bunch of friendly members :)

Ditto for this forum, a very friendly forum, but if a member crosses the line, the ban hammer strike, which is only fair do, isn't it?

Thanks for the welcome! Yep, Mark(although it's my middle name). You nailed it!

I absolutely agree. I join these forums because, 1.) I love drumming. 2.) I am always on a quest for knowledge when it comes to my favorite hobby and 3.) I like to discuss things in a civil manner and have a little fun while doing so. (I'm kind of the class clown over at DC.)

Markadiddle, great handle and your avi made me chuckle. Welcome.

Thanks man! (sorry for the double post again)

Yep, middle name is Mark and I'm always "diddleing" around on my kit. The AVI was something I posted over at DC in a random pic thread and when I saw it, it made me chuckle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark, there's a guy here named Dr. Watso. He, more than anyone here, IMO, is DrummerWorld's class clown emeritus. So you better have some good stuff cause my man Watso is a hard act to follow. Just a heads up lol. It's all good. Can't have too much humor.

(I'm kind of the class clown over at DC.)

Ha! We have several members like that here too... Dr_Watso is one of the famous clown here at DW :)

Edit: Damn, I didn't see Uncle Larry's post until I posted my reply, sorry for the dupplicate, at least you'll know who to look for :)

Back