Help with modern Ludwig serial numbers

rdon45

looking at a black oyster bonham style ludwig kit with monroe keystone badges,,the 14" tom serial number is 3395937...it also has a 26in kick and 16 and 18in floor toms,,,anyone know what kind of ludwigs these are ? what type of shells ? good quality ?,,,thanks for any help guys !!!!

Re: help with modern ludwig serial numbers !!!

The serial numbers on Monroe Keystone badges can't be used to date the drum, I'm afraid.

Yet another of Ludwig's great mysteries.

Got a pic or a link?

I'm thinking that's a Classic Maple kit mate. Yes they are very good.....so good in fact, that I want one too!! :)

Classic Maple, not that old at all. Those particular spurs have only been in use for a few years.
Nice kit.
Did you get it?

Karl, how long have the toms had the double badges/vents? Is that new and is it all toms or just the mounted? Can't recall seeing it before, but that could be me not paying close enough attention.

Karl, how long have the toms had the double badges/vents? Is that new and is it all toms or just the mounted? Can't recall seeing it before, but that could be me not paying close enough attention.

Unusual - my Ludwig Classic Maples are only a few months old and there is only one badge/vent per drum. I wonder if that was a special order? Ludwig will do lots of little details to order.

Unusual - my Ludwig Classic Maples are only a few months old and there is only one badge/vent per drum. I wonder if that was a special order? Ludwig will do lots of little details to order.

Yeah it a strange one hey. I've seen it on other brands with RIMS style mounting. I thought it was just to provide an extra "branding option" should the RIMS mount cover the badge. But it's a first on a Luddy kit.

Mind you something like that would retail for around 5 and a half to 6 thousand here (last I checked), so we seldom see CM's on the shop floor at all in Oz. My limited experience generally comes from drooling over all you guys here on the forum that own them.

hey guys,,,
thanks for the help,,,yep,,i had to pull the trigger on these drums,,the store said they think there early 2000's so im thinking they might of been a special order kit,i dont think a 26" kick was avalible then,,not sure,,,i will let ya guys know when i get them,,by the way,,,,anyone need a bonham accent kit in silver sparkle ??? lol,,

Cool, looks like a nice kit!

It wasn't a special order on the badges, Ludwig used double badges for a few years.
One badge will have serial numbers, and the other is plain.

My 2007 Red Sparkle CM's has 2 on the toms, and several toms before, and after '07 have 2 badges.

It was to put the bracket section of a RIMS mount between the badges.
That way, no matter what size was used, a badge was facing out.

I got an 8x12, and a 13x15 ft late last year in Sable Black.
I can't recall if they have 2 badges, but I'm playing that kit tonight, so I'll look.

Have fun with the kit rdon!!

My new red sparkles only have one badge.

Nice kit!

I looked last night, & the 8x12 Sable Black tom I got last year (2010) has one badge.

The 9x13" RS tom from '07 has 2 badges.

I bought the RS 8x12 late in 2008, or early 2009 (can't remember), & it has 2 badges, so they would have stopped doing 2 badges on toms between '08 -'09....maybe '10....

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

BTW, Ludwig has *always* had a 26" bass drum available (*since they started offering them).

As far as I know, they are the only "major" offering 3 different lug style choices, & 2 badge choices (B/O or Keystone).

Not sure if it applies to both CM and Legacy, but for sure for the Classic Maple.

Ludwig will also apply a finish a customer sends to them, if someone wanted a finish they don't offer.

I'd say somewhere between 2000 and 2009 is a good bet.

They still make the the same way today (as in TODAY, 6-20-11) as they did then, so no worries!

There might be numbers stamped in the shell in black, but it's not a exact day/date stamp.

Enjoy, looks like a cool kit!!

thanks karl,,,so i can assume they are more then likely maple shells ??? thanks again !!!

3313335 serial number ludwig maple classic

На моих томах 13 и 14" тоже по два значка! В каком году интересно был выпуск таких барабанов???

Re: 3313335 serial number ludwig maple classic

На моих томах 13 и 14" тоже по два значка! В каком году интересно был выпуск таких барабанов???
translated, or close;

In my drums 13 and 14 "are also on the two badges, interesting, In what year were the drums released?

I don't have an answer but here are some of the badges
значок идентификаторы

http://www.vintagedrumguide.com/ludwig_badges.html

Ludwig used 2 badges on toms for quite a while.

A couple years after I got my original Super Classics (January of '90) I was getting more toms and they came with 2.

I think they did the two badges so the badge could face out on either side of a mount.

My '07 kit had 2 badges on the toms, but I got a couple drums in 2011 and they had one again.

My original SC kit was Sable Black and had the Mach Lugs. I will look at the serial numbers and see how close they are to the listed numbers.

Год выпуска 1994!!!

Вот такой том.
komarov55

Attachments

• ??? 14.jpg
    ??? 14.jpg
    292 KB · Views: 5,219
Back