Ever eat something potentially hazardous to your health?

Popcorn Mogul

A buddy just reminded me of a time when we went 'befok' (pronounced: ba-fohck') and ate half my shirt by biting off bits and rolling them into balls before swallowing them with some liquid. we also swallowed lucky beans, which we found out afterwards (the next day) that they are actually slightly toxic and have a paralyzing effect on the body.
we felt all floppy, fuzzy in the mind and generally dead the whole next day.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has eaten something that has been a really stupid thing to eat...
or am I the only plonker?

In my younger and more foolish days I was known to occasionally eat at a MacDonalds or Burger King. At the urging of a friend I also ate a couple items from Dunkin Donuts one evening. Over 30 years later and I still have bad memories about it.

I was at a wedding rehearsal in southern Virginia back in the early 1980s and they had these "cookies" on little trays. They looked like little white sugar cookies but they tasted like someone combined flour and crisco and baked them. I don't know if they're hazardous to your physical health but they were certainly damn awful. Some of the locals seemed to love them though.

I swallowed a full mouthful of gasoline while siphoning as a youth. OMG I took off running. I ran for about 10 minutes, then I just stopped. I think I just ran out of gas.

But seriously I did swallow that much gas. It was disgusting and the burps for the next 12 hours were not too pleasant either. This is back when gas was leaded. So if I say anything that is way off base, it's not my fault, it's the lead in my system. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has eaten something that has been a really stupid thing to eat...
or am I the only plonker?

Does Arby's count?

I spent a year in South Korea and tried some questionable foods that I still don't know what exactly they were.

One time I was so drunk while I was camping that I ate a piece of chicken that I dropped in the dirt. It was just extra flavoring as far as I was concerned.

i was at a party with a bunch of people on a dirt road that went nowhere, 1973> We were wasted. a friend opened his hand and he had 8 assorted pills. you want them? why not? i took all 8. he had no idea what they were.
i had a rash on my chest, not good, but i finally went to sleep. it wasn't like me to do something that stupid but yes, i did. it was a good party. someone was blaring the ohio players new 8-track.
i would have had a better time if i wasn't thinking about what i had just done.
country bumpkins

(we want to live in a small town so the kids won't do drugs. good luck with that)

One time I was so drunk while I was camping that I ate a piece of chicken that I dropped in the dirt. It was just extra flavoring as far as I was concerned.

LOL______________________

In my younger and more foolish days I was known to occasionally eat at a MacDonalds or Burger King. At the urging of a friend I also ate a couple items from Dunkin Donuts one evening. Over 30 years later and I still have bad memories about it.

I was at a wedding rehearsal in southern Virginia back in the early 1980s and they had these "cookies" on little trays. They looked like little white sugar cookies but they tasted like someone combined flour and crisco and baked them. I don't know if they're hazardous to your physical health but they were certainly damn awful. Some of the locals seemed to love them though.

wow! you are a really bad-ass fellow!

Does Arby's count?

I spent a year in South Korea and tried some questionable foods that I still don't know what exactly they were.

Wow, I bet the meatballs really were the dog's bollocks!

wow! you are a really bad-ass fellow!

Hey, if you wanna hang with me be prepared to walk the knife's edge.

Sometimes I'll drive by an Arby's without rolling up the window. Adrenaline is my middle name.

I have eaten some really questionable wom.....oh never mind...

You really are a philatelist, aren't you? Haggis is the work of angels.

The Scotch ;-) invented whisky, tablet and haggis.

Two out of three are awesome, one is awful.

Another potentially hazardous foodstuff I have consumed: communion wafer.

Would a mouth full of liquid chlorine, sodium Hypo chlorite, count?

Back