My search has ended

Rob would never send a damaged drum to anyone. He is a man of his word and I stand behind it. I have know Rob for many years. Tipk99, you need to get in contact with him.... NOW!!

Nope he didn't it's another case of UPS destroying goods. Don't worry UPS are fast to refund.

Man, poor Unix. I remember a while ago he said one thing that he would never want to see if his drums on a site like eBay.

Your right on this, I'm thinking or raising my price, to avoid seing things like this again.

alright..

people here would know i wouldnt do that...thats not how i am...but, ok..

my post simply said the drum was cracked during shipping...i never said it was anyone's fault nor did i tarnish Rob's rep.

you nearly misunderstood me.

Alex

alright..

people here would know i wouldnt do that...thats not how i am...but, ok..

my post simply said the drum was cracked during shipping...i never said it was anyone's fault nor did i tarnish Rob's rep.

you nearly misunderstood me.

Alex

Aparently so, but people read this:

WHEN YOU SHIP STUFF VIA UPS OR FEDEX, WHEN YOU THINK YOU PACKAGING IS ADEQUATE, DO IT TWICE, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT THESE COMPANY ARE CAPABLE OF.

Sadly even the guys from UPS that come to pick up the box at our shop advise me to go crazy with the packing, because their guys in the warehouse are not carefull one second.

Aparently so, but people read this:

WHEN YOU SHIP STUFF VIA UPS OR FEDEX, WHEN YOU THINK YOU PACKAGING IS ADEQUATE, DO IT TWICE, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT THESE COMPANY ARE CAPABLE OF.

Sadly even the guys from UPS that come to pick up the box at our shop advise me to go crazy with the packing, because their guys in the warehouse are not carefull one second.

I'm always astonished when I get boxes from UPS- beat up, torn up... but the contents are usually still in perfect condition. I've been lucky, I guess.

Bummer about that bass drum. I wonder how many scammers send broken stuff through UPS just to blame UPS for the break when it arrives...?

Actually... the real issue here is that Tom was very uncool with how he's handling the bass drum issue. He basically screwed Rob over rather than even give him a chance to file a claim with UPS, etc.

Actually... the real issue here is that Tom was very uncool with how he's handling the bass drum issue. He basically screwed Rob over rather than even give him a chance to file a claim with UPS, etc.

Tom is just trying to protect himself which is understandable. Yes Rob should have been contacted first, but it's only an issue if he escalates it to a claim if things aren't working out between the two of them. So far it is.

I'm sorry... but anyone that puts a stop on a charge from their credit card before even contacting the seller about a UPS claim has no business buying on ebay in the first place. That immediately makes Paypal take the money out of the sellers account and could give them a negative balance. Essentially now Tom has the drums AND the money and Rob has nothing. Paypal has methods of protection in place that should have been used before a drastic step like this.

Not to mention your first post on this forum is just in defense of him...

If I remember correctly there have been quite a few bannings over the years.....My BNL was banned here a couple years ago. If Fourstrings is as good a guy as everyone says he is.....what gives? I enjoy forums but the banning thing to me is very childish, and that's including all forums.

Nice kit by the way...I am not yet sold on the stave shell kit concept, but haven't had enough time behind one to fully appreciate them....I guess

I don't wanna take side here, but if I was to received a broken instrument to my door, I would do the same, but would advise the shipper first. It's not Tom fault if the instruments was broken, it was UPS fault. Sad to say but the seller is always responsable for the insurance and the shipping, only Rob can file a complain and not the client.

Please guys, keep that civilysed, no need to be hard on anyone here. The only thing that would have been better is if both party would have manage an agrement and after discuss it here.
Now you all know why I don't wanna see my stuff out on Ebay. That will leave a scar no matter what.

Last edited:
lol you guys are like catty school girls.

now the kit. i like! i love the touch of the bass drum hoops. it looks really good. congrats on the kit! and at 900 dollars. good job.

and about unix stuff being on ebay, everything will always find its way on ebay. theres no way around that. if you dont want your drums on ebay dont sell them in the first place!

okay im done.

I have a picture of that kit as my wallpaper, as I was considering buying it from Rob a few months ago when he announced he was going to be selling. However, I was already planning my next custom job and needed to save the money for it, or that kit would likely be sitting in my drum room today.

Back