Crosstalk & Backup Saves

krehkop

Roland SPD-S Crosstalk & Backup Saves

Hello, this is my first thread! :) Have had the SPD-S for a few years now, amazing, zero problems - gig about 6 times per mth (uptempo Top 40/Rock band).

Have been triggering, using a Roland PD-8 (above snare) w/ no issues. Recently bought the Roland RT-10K kick trigger and used the settings recommended in the trigger manual (amazing by the way). Anyway, the settings perfect for kick are not for the PD-8, crosstalk like a mugg! I've maxed the Crosstalk and RetrigCancel but still no dice. The quick fix is to move the pad; however, that's where I want it. Anyone have experience w/ a different type of pad that may work better?

Backup Save: I made sure all sounds were on my card, did a "Backup Save" which was successul, dumped that on my laptop but I can't really see any recongnizable file names, file types (other than .wav's that I imported), should I be able to?

Thanks,
Kirk

Last edited:
Try adjusting Mask Time, pg 77 in the manual. That may help.

As far as the backup:

It's been awhile since I did that and I have duplicate 512mb CF cards. I believe the SPD-S converts the WAVs into proprietary files. I'm assuming you were seeing files in the backup but just not ones that look familiar.

AFAIK, the original WAV files on the card are no longer necessary to play the sounds on the SPD-S after you have imported them.I've never deleted mine but that I believe it's the way it is.

HTH

Jim

Roland support was helpful. The issue was that for the wave being used for the kick trigger, wave B was not set to off. In other words, the threshold (of the strike force in which I'm hitting the kick), was triggering wave B but I didn't want this. Set wave B to off.

Back