New Mapexy!!!

Tam

Hey Guys, i had my eyes on these for a while, i've been saving my money, and finally got it. I beat the price rise by a day and they gave me a free full set of bags so im happy with the deal i got.

Prices over here in Perth, Australia are going up like 20-25% cause of the US dollar conversion into AUS dollar.

Im loving the sound, and the new finish is pretty sweet. just been busy tweaking it for the last couple of days and am planning some changes hopefully in the future (i.e the cymbals). i was looking into ordering the 16inch floor but new prices would bump that up to around $550, so thats going to have to wait.

2008 Mapex M Birch - Black Forest Sapphire

SIZE NAME

22 x 18 Bass Drum
8x8 Tom Tom
10 x 8 Tom Tom
12 x 9 Tom Tom
14 x 11 Tom Tom
14 x 5.5 Snare Drum

Would love some feedback :D

Attachments

• Image021(1) (Medium).jpg
    Image021(1) (Medium).jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 689
  • Image022 (Medium).jpg
    Image022 (Medium).jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 709
  • Image025 (Medium).jpg
    Image025 (Medium).jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 704
  • Image026(1) (Medium).jpg
    Image026(1) (Medium).jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 695
  • Image027 (Medium).jpg
    Image027 (Medium).jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 714
  • Image028 (Medium).jpg
    Image028 (Medium).jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 703
  • Image043(1) (Medium).jpg
    Image043(1) (Medium).jpg
    68 KB · Views: 692
  • Image046(1) (Medium).jpg
    Image046(1) (Medium).jpg
    68 KB · Views: 692
  • Image053 (Medium).jpg
    Image053 (Medium).jpg
    80 KB · Views: 691
  • Image073 (Medium).jpg
    Image073 (Medium).jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 685
That is an awesome set, Great finish and looks like a lot of fun to play. Keep checking E-bay, etc for the floor tom. you can usually find a great deal or two. What are the cymbal specs? They look like all B8's? Looks like a nice spread regardless though. Congrats.

the only ebay i can the floor is on ebay australia and thats pretty useless, but hopefully the currency can recover and i can go back to ebay US.

yah all the cymbals are B8's, i got the complete pack with an extra 14 inch crash, its not that bad as far as sound, but i bought them mainly to learn and experiment on so hopefully i can get new ones soon.

cymbal specs:

10 splash
14 hats
14 crash
16 crash
18 crash
18 china
20 ride

All B8's

the only ebay i can the floor is on ebay australia and thats pretty useless, but hopefully the currency can recover and i can go back to ebay US.

yah all the cymbals are B8's, i got the complete pack with an extra 14 inch crash, its not that bad as far as sound, but i bought them mainly to learn and experiment on so hopefully i can get new ones soon.

cymbal specs:

10 splash
14 hats
14 crash
16 crash
18 crash
18 china
20 ride

All B8's

That is a nice spread, congrats. And the B8's aren't bad sounding for entry level cymbals. I used to use B8 hats to record with and they sounded great. Make sure though that you post pics of any upgrades to your set and cymbals........... It's the Law ;)

That is a nice spread, congrats. And the B8's aren't bad sounding for entry level cymbals. I used to use B8 hats to record with and they sounded great. Make sure though that you post pics of any upgrades to your set and cymbals........... It's the Law ;)

i think if it's entry level cymbals you are after you can't go wrong with the solar or b8 cymbals. I still have a solar ride that my mate bought about 5 years ago for his kit and gave to me for free it's not cracked or anything. It's one solid bit of brass i can tell you.

Also i bought a premier resonator FT on ebay for £65 including delivery. Okay so it's not the same colour as the rest of the kit but quite frankly i don't care it sounds really good.

Oh this sounds so familiar. Where have I seen something like this? Oh, yeah! My signature link!

Great purchase. The M birch are great sounding drums that have a nice tuning range. You'll be surprised at how low they can go. I have Aquarian Super 2 coated on mine and my 14 and 16 toms growl. I started with the exact same drum specs and nearly the same cymbal specs. About a year and half into it I got the 16 x 13 tom. You'll have great fun with this set and again the finest part of Mapex is their incredible finishes. That Sapphire burst is at my local shop and it is gorgeous. Good work.

Very sweet looking kit indeed! You are going to have a blast playing with that one...hope that the money situations turn around for you to get that other tom!

JIM

Congrats on the new kit! I just bought an Mapex M Birch (emerald green) a few months ago and I absolutely love it!
I wasn't impressed with the stock heads so I replaced them last week with Remo Ambassadors and, man, does it sound great!
The black forest sapphire looks amazing!
Enjoy.

Looooovvvviiinnn the mapex, the black forest sapphire looks great.

Last edited:
Don't you just love the feeling of having a bunch of boxes surrounding you, all filled with drum gear and cymbals? Setting up a brand new kit is the best.

Black forest sapphire is an outstanding finish!!! Looks great!

Awesome finish. Have fun with the new kit!

Mapex delivers once again.

Beautiful finish, nice sizes, and birch is one of the best woods out there. Great snag.

Might I ask whether it's a lacquer or a wrap?

Nice! I'm getting an M Birch too. Studioese with Sabian AA and AAX (hats, 2 crash, ride, splash, china, and o zone crash) and a double pedal and aux snare.

Nice lookin' kit. Once you burn up those stock UT heads, your drums will re-invent themselves. Have fun.

Very nice, we need a shot from back a little so we can see the whole it please
wink.gif

I love the finish, stunning!

yah im planning on burning the stock heads soon, i have evans G2's somewhere underneath those mapex boxes. cheers for all the comments guys.

Mapex delivers once again.

Beautiful finish, nice sizes, and birch is one of the best woods out there. Great snag.

Might I ask whether it's a lacquer or a wrap?

8 coats of lovely hand-rubbed lacquer.

congrats on the new drums Tam! the finish looks sharp and the Mapex Mbirch sound incredible, enjoy!

Back