My Home Build: Progress Thread

Finally got around to putting the hardware on the bass. Last thing that remains is the T-rods and claws which apparently are still backordered from Drum Foundry.

But here are pics of the bass with the heads and hoops just hanging on...

Very nice, but how do you feel about sharing the bed with your bass drum? How do the other drums feel - jealous?

rjvsmb

That is a beautiful kit, .. and just an opinion, but that kit is screaming for a fiberskyn for the bass reso.

Fair enough, I'm sure whatever goes on will look great as everything else does. Again, excellent job!

Ok. I'm sick of waiting. I'm going to write one last email telling Drum Foundry that if they can't be shipping the BD claws to me within the week they've lost my business. I'll get some fron Precision Drum or Drum Gear Online. I just need to get this thing finished so I can start playing it!

Oh, and get pics and videos of the completed set for all you, too.

Got 2 nice new Pearl cymbal stands to go with the kit, each with a boom arm off of it and one with a tom arm as well on a 3-way clamp.

Ok... Finally ordered some bass drum claws from Drum Gear Online and already got the Tension rods I ordered from Precision Drum on Friday (that's next business day shipping cross country-not bad!). Claws aren't here yet but I've been coerced into playing the set at a gig this weekend by some guys who really want to see it. So I used the tension rods I got in along with the t-rods and claws from my first set and some claws from a 60'S MARCHING SNARE to finish it off and make it playable for now.

Anyways, heres the link to the pictures:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2112667&id=29910722&l=df3c476a09

awesome awesome awesome

been thinking about building my own snare drum (prob start with a piccalo snare)
your post has motivated me more Great job

Back