28" bass drum heads

You are always welcome brother. Anytime you are this way. :)
P.S. Make sure you bring KIS and MFB with you. Should be a fun time. :)

You wouldn't want me anywhere near anyone right now. Even Andy would struggle with me right now.

Incredible stress happening right now!

PS: That is a beautiful drum.

Last edited:
What's up buddy. Anything we can help with?

Nope. Just overworked. I haven't stopped since at least last Wednesday and have had to pull a couple of all-nighters. My posting record will attest to this!

Nope. Just overworked. I haven't stopped since at least last Wednesday and have had to pull a couple of all-nighters. My posting record will attest to this!

Well I hope you are getting paid for it. Don't worry, I will pick up the slack for you. :)

Nope. Student teacher. No pay yet!

I really sympathize, my wife is a teacher, secondary school, A levels, preparations of lessons, corrections, annual school trip, exams, the list is almost endless...

But hey, Duncan, don't kill yourself at it... Good luck.:))

I really sympathize, my wife is a teacher, secondary school, A levels, preparations of lessons, corrections, annual school trip, exams, the list is almost endless...

But hey, Duncan, don't kill yourself at it... Good luck.:))

I'm only just beginning to understand. My other half is a music teacher and I'm just about 'getting it'. Best of luck to your wife! It's not the easy way out, that's for sure.

I'm a member of the 28" bass drum club (16x28 & 20x28). Since 1990.

I always had better luck with a Coated batter (single or 2ply) and a smooth front (single or 2ply) than a PS3 type head.

The last time I took a 28 out (last year), I had a Ludwig heavy coated front and back (4" mic hole), and it sounded fantastic.
Felt good too. Good balance of attack, fatness, natural tone etc...

A 28 is just more than I want to deal with in hauling around so I don't play out with them anymore.
The 20x26 is actually easier to carry around tbh.

Here's the 16x28 as I used it in my Cheap Trick Tribute band.
P1010242.jpg

A fun drum, just more than I want to deal with at this point (it's mainly the case being giant).

You could always sell advertising space on the front head to make some extra cash. :)

Back