Mitch Mitchell

i have always wondered what Mitch Mitchell used, or preferred to use, for a bass drum pedal on all his recordings, and live. Was it the good ol Speed King of the day or perhaps the Premier from his 1 st kits or Gretsch/camco/DW original, or Rogers Swivomatics? i would suppose it probably had more to do with whatever kit he had been provided with by Ludwig or whatever sound company, but perhaps not. Do any of you out there know for sure? Maybe small trivia, but i'd just really like to know the answer to this.
thank you! L

Mitch has the craziest fills. Just getting through Hey Joe is easy, but if you copy his fills note for note it's really hard. I like this fill: RlRlrLRlRlrL in triplets or sextuplets. It's really hard to do as quick as he does though...

.Mitch Mitchell , drummer of 'The Jimie Hendrix,cht -trio' ..

, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiO8giKD1-s

This is a CD of ''-Mitch Mitchell,, Drums - Solos Compilactions-''
registered Live 1967 - 1972 , contains 23-tunes with 'drums-solo'...
the total time is 1h ,14'minutes. Some 'tunes' are :
1-catfish blues,, 2-tax free,, 3-sunshine of your love,,
4-spanish castle magic,, 5-stone free,, 6-fire,,
7-woodoo chile,, 8-messages of love ...and Others,.-

,Well thats pretty neat...Thanks again Fabio!! Appreciating your posts

Hààhàhàhàà.. I do ''feel'' in a way ,,Happy..!!(* felice, contento ) to share
with all of ''YOU'' drummers/Lovers-fans.. Clips, and video taken from
my-own collections,.!,. I like to search and collect these kind of ''rares''
Live jazz sessions,.. Ciao fabio .-

Fire would have to be my fav. I was 16 years old, had only been learning drumming for about a year or so and playing in a garage band. We were fans of Hendrix and I was in awe of Mitch's playing. One of the other lads on guitar suggest we learn Fire and I wet my pants. Up for the challenge I bought the 45 RPM vinyl record from pocket money and set about breaking Mitch's playing on Fire down stroke by stroke with my record player, in my bedroom, on my old Premier drum set. I think it drove my parents mad ( I had no headphones) Repeat repeat repeat, time after time , on the record player. Short burst of song, pull up the needle, practice the fill, put down the needle . I think it took 3 hours a night for 4 weeks to learn the song by rote memory. I failed my end of year exams because of Fire as I should have been studying for my exams. I'm surprised my mo and fa didn't remove, the record, the record player or the drums! It was a pivotal point for me in my drumming because it showed me I could be ok as a drummer if I worked at it. It also forced me to learn fills that I never thought I could master( at least not for a long time) If I close my eyes and think of the song I can still play it exactly as it is in my head. Whenever I hear Fire today I still have that feeling of self accomplishment. I'm sad to hear of his passing - he was an enormous influence on me.

Hààhàhàhàà.. I do ''feel'' in a way ,,Happy..!!(* felice, contento ) to share
with all of ''YOU'' drummers/Lovers-fans.. Clips, and video taken from
my-own collections,.!,. I like to search and collect these kind of ''rares''
Live jazz sessions,.. Ciao fabio .-

Keep 'em coming brother!!!

Back