Vater Goodwood

gallonsloth

662806.jpg

Howdy!
Just wondering about these bulk packs of Vater Goodwood... Anyone who's tried them? I'm intrigued by them since they're much cheaper, but why is that? Are they not pitch perfected pairs or whatever? Just curious if they're actually decent or not.

My set came with a pair of these but they had plastic tips. They aren't too bad. I'm pretty sure mine were matched the right way and they were very durable. They broke after about 1 year of playing so I'd say they held their own.

I was unaware Vater did something like this, and I was planning on buying 3-4 pairs of their Wood Fusion sticks anyways...

Generally these *cheaper* sticks from major companies are durable from what I've gathered, and instead of spending thirty bucks on 4 pairs of those Wood Fusions, I can spend another ten bucks and get a dozen pairs...

Awesome. Even if they aren't quite as durable, I have triple the sticks.

I bought two pairs of Vater wood tipped jazz sticks last Sat. It is my first time using Vater sticks. I am really liking them! I may try these Goodwood packs in the future.
Do they come in 5a and 7a sizes?

From Musicians Friend.
I wanted to use that name as my new Hollywood screen name.
The price is for 12 pair.

Vater hickory sticks made with the budget-conscious drummer in mind. You get great quality, durable sticks without the high cost of the "top shelf" brands.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-04-22 at 8.27.50 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-04-22 at 8.27.50 PM.png
    37.8 KB · Views: 2,125
Last edited:
I just ordered a brick of these on musicians friend. I've been playing Vic Firth 5a's for a few years now and the new music I'm playing requires a bit more "heft" on the drums, so I wanted to try out some 5b's. Hoping the goodwoods are atleast good enough to practice with

My experience has been these "budget" sticks by higher end companies are crap and they break alot easier if you hit with any degree of power. I bought some of those "Nova" sticks by Firth and they crumpled like bolsa wood quickly, I'm anxious to hear the reviews from the harder hitting rock players on these Goodwoods.

Back