New snare, one of a kind look

mandrew

Gold Member
I just finished building this snare, and I believe that it is a one of a kind in looks. I rarely see any wraps that feature stone, and this one particularly. It is Petoskey stone, which is only found in the area of Petoskey, Michigan. The drum is a 14x5 10 ply Keller maple with all chrome hardware and die cast hoops. Remo Renaisance Diplomat batter, 2 mil hazey reso with Black Swamp cable snares, so yeah, it is set up as a concert snare. Since the wrap is one of a kind, I thought I would share it. I would love a whole kit of this! I would love to see more stone patterns. There are beautiful granites, marbles, opals, tiger eye, quartz, etc.

Attachments

• IMGP1919.JPG
    IMGP1919.JPG
    351.7 KB · Views: 419
  • IMGP1920.JPG
    IMGP1920.JPG
    356.2 KB · Views: 432
I really like the look of that. It's not something we'd ever do, but I think it all hangs together very well. I'm sure there's a ton of custom guys out there that would be more than happy to wrap a kit to match, & I think it would look pretty cool, especially with a pewter hardware finish :)

Seeing that makes me sad because it reminds me of looking down into an empty box of chocolates.

That's really awesome! You'll be the envy of drummers for miles around after they see that work of art.

Back