What are examples of excellent quality drum hardware?

AndyWay

just trying to hunt down some new hardware, (cymbal stands, snare stand, hi hat stand, and tom holders) any suggestions for great quality, and reliable pieces/sets?

All the major brands make excellent quality hardware. Pearl, Tama, DW, Gibraltar, Yamaha........It's all good stuff. Anything else comes down to your specific needs and the size of your wallet.

Quality hardware MUST:
- stay where you set it
- hold what you ask it to
- set up and break down as often as you need it to, without breaking

I use a mixture of Yamaha and Gibraltar hardware and I am very happy with the quality of both brands. I would also recommend Tama, and DW/PDP. The best thing for you to do is to try out as much hardware as you can get your hands on, yourself.

As far as I know, Tama makes great cheap hardware. I have a few lower end Pearl stands, and they're not great - they move a little when I hit the cymbal hard...
But Tama's cheaper lines are better, as far as I know. Ludwig makes great stuff too.

I just switched from all DW to all Yamaha. The DW stuff was great. No complaints whatsoever with regards to quality, durability, design, and cosmetics. It was just way too heavy for regular gigging.
I've always liked Yamaha hardware for its basic design and solid construction. The Yamaha cymbal stands arents heavily chromed either. Some people like tons of chrome. I don't. The Yamaha single braced, medium weight stands rival many double braced stands on the market as well (in my opinion of course).
Also, something to consider would be Gibralter hardware. They make great stuff for just about any style of drumming and gigging out there. They also stand by their product 100%. Even after the warranty expires. That's been my experience.

Hope this short story helps.

Mike

I've always loved Pearl hardware. The 900 series stuff is particularly great: robust, sturdy, good features (gearless tilters, memory locks), and very economical.

I own quality stands and hardware from DW, Pearl, Tama, Yamaha and Ludwig and they all do what they're supposed to do. Of all of them, I'm guessing the Ludwig stands are the lightest weight of the bunch and I still have a 10" tom, 18" crash, 16" crash, a 10" splash and a headphone amplifier shelf hanging from just one stand. It's very unusual for me to hang all this from just one stand and I don't gig with this configuration, but it's nice to know that it will handle it.

Dennis

I just switched from all DW to all Yamaha.

Pretty much me too, except I had Tama, Pearl, and DW, at one time. And nothing wrong with those brands .... they all make good high end stuff. But finally I decided to go with Yamaha, and darn near eliminate all the "other" stuff. The 600/700 series is plenty robust for my needs, and I have two Yamaha hex racks, for when I need/want to rack mount stuff.​

Just get some good solid stuff with heavy duty legs. My hardware is all over the place. 2 Pearl stands for the crashes, and a Sound Percussion stand for the ride, Iron Cobra HH stand, Yamaha snare stand, and Axis Pedal.

Back