Snare upgrade

The PD-128S-BC is more than twice the weight of a PD-8 pad and is designed to be snare-stand mountable - also the image doesn't show a mounting clamp.
Are you intending to use it with a TD-30 Drum Sound Module to detect optimal dynamics and rim-shot depth from this V-pad?

The PD-128S-BC is more than twice the weight of a PD-8 pad and is designed to be snare-stand mountable - also the image doesn't show a mounting clamp.
Are you intending to use it with a TD-30 Drum Sound Module to detect optimal dynamics and rim-shot depth from this V-pad?

I wish I had a TD-30 to be honest I have a TD-4 but only use it to get midi notes to Addictive Drums. I have not heard a TD-30 but I like the sounds from Addictive more then a TD--20 so for the money I'm happy. And as for optimal dynamics my playing level does not require that ATM. I would hope it's heaver then the pd8 but is it heavy enough to be on a snare stand and not bounce around ( seen it doing so in a vid) a fixed stand would stop that just not sure if I require it or not yet as it's being shipped. Other then cymbals and snare my set is DIY the tom's and bass work great but I don't feel A DIY snare is good enough only went this route because I would rather the drums feel as real as they can and with the snare being 12" that itself sold me.When you say doesn't show a mounting clamp do you mean it comes with one? Didn't know if that's the case.

My Kit
IMG_0006_zpsef4c595c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0007_zps477cb28d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Taking a closer look at the V-pad image I'm thinking there's probably a cover over where a mounting clamp could be attached.
Perhaps someone with more Roland experience can confirm if that's correct or not.

Taking a closer look at the V-pad image I'm thinking there's probably a cover over where a mounting clamp could be attached.
Perhaps someone with more Roland experience can confirm if that's correct or not.

Manual says the PD-128s has no mount would have been cool if it to be attached. There is a version for 529.99 that has it but it's huge not really interested if it moves around to much on the stand been looking for a reason to get this maybe this is it. Will hold the tom and snare in a fixed position.

http://www.gibraltarhardware.com/?fa=detail&mid=2675&sid=616&cid=31

Though I do think I may have a crosstalk problem with it. If I'm using the right term. Do you think rimshots will trigger the DIY tom mounted to the same stand?

I'd only be guessing about possible cross-triggering issues but I seem to recall previous posts about adjusting module settings for pad Threshold or Xtalk Cancel to fix the problem.
You could also add some padding between the snare pad/tom and snare baskets if required.

I'd only be guessing about possible cross-triggering issues but I seem to recall previous posts about adjusting module settings for pad Threshold or Xtalk Cancel to fix the problem.
You could also add some padding between the snare pad/tom and snare baskets if required.

Thanks for the help bro I tend to overthink things I can adjust all the setting already just thinking about it too much before I even have the stuff in my hands.

Back