Sleeping with a Click

Supposedly benefitial...
What interview did that OP come from?
The interview came from Drumhead Magazine September-October 2010 issue, in the interview with Victor Indrizzo.

Like in the Simpsons episode about the bear patrol (Much Apu About Nothing).

Lisa: “By your logic, I could claim that this rock keeps tigers away.”
Homer (confused): “Hmm; how does it work?”
Lisa: “It doesn’t work; it’s just a stupid rock!”
Homer: “Uh-huh.”
Lisa: “… but I don’t see any tigers around, do you?”
(pause) Homer: “Lisa, I want to buy your rock…”
Brilliant! Gotta love the simpsons!

As I said earlier I don't plan on trying it, I was just curious to see what DW had to say.

-Jonathan

And asking questions should always be commended. Plus, yours was a genuine question; it's not like you asked whether snake oil would make you faster.

In the world of Victor Indrizzo, sleeping with a click on at night might work for him, but anecdotal evidence doesn’t make very good science. But the problem is that personal testimony from people we respect can spread like wildfire. It’s why many organisations try and recruit celebrities in their promotional campaigns (both the good and bad variety).

Hmmm interesting idea...doinking your favorite person to the click. So honey, what BPM are you in the mood for tonight?

Just goes to show that most rhythms in life are not metronomic.

Accelerando and ritardando applies, depending on our feelings - be it heart rate, breathing, or whatever the hell it is that you guys are talking about ...

The thing that came to my mind at first when I read this thread was putting a puppy to bed with a ticking clock so that he would think that it was his mothers heartbeat and he would sleep! LOL

Back