What sports do You play?

I teach Brazilian Jiujitsu. That keeps me busy when I'm not banging on the skins :)

i'm literally about to start doing some of that in the next few weeks
since i'm close to 300 pounds it will end in tears, but at least it will be fun

i'm literally about to start doing some of that in the next few weeks
since i'm close to 300 pounds it will end in tears, but at least it will be fun

At least you'll have your weight on your side! :)

I am sure if you can train even twice a week, the pounds will just melt off. That is, unless it's 300lbs of muscle, in which case I'm glad I'm not your partner!

Hey Xero. I saw your tool video. I would not screw with you, especially now that I know you do Jiujitsu. :) Toddy! 300lbs buddy! Time to start taking care of yourself. We need you around here for a while. :) I am at 215 right now myself, and should be around 185. I need to get going also. Two years ago I was 185, and benching 250, and treadmilling everyday. What the heck happens. It gets out of control so fast. It seems so hard to get into shape, but so easy to get out of shape. :(

No i used to weigh 16 stone when I was 16, I weighed 12 stone when I was 12, so I think my final weight I will be able to achieve is maybe 17 to 18 stone. I will be happy with that.
I also want to do some sambo because of fedor but we'll see. My granddad used to box in Northern Ireland back in the day, so I think I get my discipline from him.

At least you'll have your weight on your side! :)

.... the pounds will just melt off. .......!

If you start BJJ - go slow and steady - you will loose lots of weight and gain lots of muscle.

Don't think about getting the belts - it takes a LONG time to get to a black belt in BJJ, Take your time, learn that winning comes from relaxing and taking advantage when the time is right. If you are strong minded you will succeed in BJJ.

If you start BJJ - go slow and steady - you will loose lots of weight and gain lots of muscle.

Don't think about getting the belts - it takes a LONG time to get to a black belt in BJJ, Take your time, learn that winning comes from relaxing and taking advantage when the time is right. If you are strong minded you will succeed in BJJ.

Yeah I don't particularly need any belts from it, I mean I've already bought a couple myself to hold my trousers up. I'd just like to have some fun, and martial arts seems like that. When I lose enough weight I'll start doing kickboxing too.

I used to do BJJ too when I was a teenager. A lot of fun, really worthwhile. I thoroughly enjoyed it and I'm sure you will too, Toddy.

What's sport? Oh, that's the stuff I watch on TV when there's nothing else on...

I'm not really one for heavy athletic pursuits, but I try to walk and jog a lot and do regular bodyweight exercises (pushups, pullups, etc.). That and I play a lot of croquet...

I guess cycling in rhythmical too ...

This reminds me of a Tommy Aldridge interview I read a few years ago wherein he talked about his passion for cycling and his belief that it's one of the best exercises for drummers, especially those who play a lot of double bass.

Back