Big footed players

Muckster

Platinum Member
For those of you that have a size 11 or more foot, what bass drum pedal are you using?

I'm a 12 and I have no real issues with any pedal. I play both heel up and down, but i play with the ball of my foot, never the entire foot.

I play Pearl Elims and DW 5000s

13 EEE here. DW 5000.
And a pair of clown shoes.

I had to look up the US sizes to check. US, I'm 12.5 and very wide, but I don't know the US width conversion (UK I'm G+). I use a DW5000 too, with no issues. That said, someone did try to teach me the heel-toe double technique. No way was that possible, even on a longboard style pedal.

Thanks guys for the input! I may try a DW5000 and see what happens.

I'm in experimental mode.

My feet are 13 wide and what works for me is the Trick Pro 1 V, DW 5000, Tama glide pedals and Pearl Eliminators. They only pedal I didn't love was the DW 9000 because of the way the tension spring is within the tower.

Dennis

I have really big feet (13). I use the Axis Longboards. I can play on shorter pedals but the extra footboard is just enough for most of my foot to be on the pedal & not hanging off.

Heel toe is a huge part of my playing and I find that the bulky DW heel plate makes it extremely uncomfortable and difficult. 11.5 US size btw.

I'm 13 (long & narrow) feet...and still using the stock single pedal, works fine! I'm arranging to get me one of those - Ludwig Speed Kings.

Attachments

• SpeedKingpedal.jpg
    SpeedKingpedal.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
Heel toe is a huge part of my playing and I find that the bulky DW heel plate makes it extremely uncomfortable and difficult. 11.5 US size btw.

I bought the 8002B pedals because theyre longboards with no heel plate, and even when playing towards the "heel" of the pedal, they dont require any more force than playing at the "toe"

I'm a size 12 and I use a Pearl Eliminator 2x with no problems whatsoever, actually I have more than enough room up and down the pedal. It has an adjustable heel which helps alot.

11.5 and DW3000
Dont think there is any system behind the size of feet and pedals.
If there is, this topic shows smaller footboard with bigger feet because DW is pretty small.
Dont see the logic though.

I wear a size 11, and I play on DW 2000s. The only pedal I've ever really had a problem with is the incredibly cheap Pearl P-100 series. And even then I could play heel up. Heel down just gave me a problem. But then again, I feel that pedal is made for younger drummers like kids and such.

Back