No longer am I fettered about the ankles by chains of unspeedyness. (Just bought AL2's rant)

Wackamole

I have just come out of the 5 year doldrums of a Tama NOT EVEN Iron Cobra concrete shins making drummer slayer of a pedal and now my legs have found sanctuary in the awesomeness that is Axis.

Seriously. Bought AL2's. Wow. Wowee my boots off. I've only played it 90 minutes, and had a bit of a fiddle. There are a few things I want to address regarding AL2's;

I can safely say, that unless your pedal takes hydraulic lifters to operate then no, the axis longboards aren't JUST 'very light'. If you set the adjustable footboard thingy back (yep) It's like paying 50 bucks for a pedal all over again. In English, you can make them as heavy as you wish. I would recommend these to body builders who struggle with their shin muscles if I cranked the plate back and spring all the way up.

Also, all this tomfoolery about it not striking hard, compared to what? Chris Brown on a bender? It feels like it wants to break my pad, and I haven't even set it up too 'tough'.

Now on to how it plays. It hasn't given me the ability to do the magical ankle/toe dance of lightning speed, surprise surprise, that's all in practice.It is, however, a TON easier to play what I already can though, and one thing it made WAY easier, almost to the point of it making me feel like I'm cheating, is three and four strokes on the feet. Oh, and also doubles. Wow it makes them easy.

Just wanted to say hurray. I'm thinking about selling my old double, but I'm not sure I could live with destroying someone's drumming hopes and dreams.

That is all.

Let me start by saying that you're hilarious and congrats on your purchase! I used to have some "Iron Cobra Junior" pedals so I totally can relate.

I used to have Iron Cobra pedals too, couldnt play worth crap on them, after 3 years, i had adjusted everything lol.

I did try the Axis pedals, and just couldnt get the right feel for me, same with DW 9000 pedals, just didnt have the "right amount of heaviness" for my goofy ankles/calves.

So i got the DW 8002B Black diamonds, perfect fit, now i can play whatever my mind thinks up, and i love it.

So while i didnt find the Axis pedals to be the "perfect" match you did, i understand how it feels to find the right pedal to sky rocket your foot work, congratulations, i bet youre going to do what i did and hit the "I know im getting better when i can do THIS with my feet..." marks in rapid succession.

I feel like sweaty pedal ninja. I was popping out solid 200 16th before, playing whatever over the top... I'm house sitting right on the lake so I opened up the garage and blast beated all the high faluters looking down the barrels of their noses at me along the footpath that little bit faster :D.

IT

WAS

GLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORIOUS. Praise dah Lahwd!

Back