Guitar - Steve Vai, Joe Satriani
Bass - John Myung
Drums - Thomas Lang
Vocals - Bruce Dickinson(sp?)

or

Guitar/Vocals - B.B King
Drums - Carter Beauford
Bass - Victor Wooten

Vocals-Ray Gillian(Badlands,Black Sabbath)
Keyboards-Jon Lord
Jimi Hendrix-Lead & Rhythm Guitar
Randy Rhodes-Lead & Rhythm Guitar
Frank Zappa-Lead & Rhythm Guitar
John Entwistle-Bass Guitar
John Bonham-Drums

Oh what a show that would be.

Keep Swatting,
Bonzolead

Hey Rossy_j! Cool list here, man. I like it! But...doesn't Stanley Jordan play guitar? I was not aware that he played bass, also. I have 3 cds of his from the late 80's in which he plays the guitar like a piano, but he doesn't play bass. Just curious...Play On! ;-)

Maybe you meant to type Stanley Clarke??

Hey michael, yea Stanley plays bass too, and a mean one at that! I can't remember where I heard him now, but I only thought he played guitar too until I heard him.

R

Hey michael, yea Stanley plays bass too, and a mean one at that! I can't remember where I heard him now, but I only thought he played guitar too until I heard him.

R

Oh, ok. Thanks Rossy_j! Wasn't aware of that. Maybe because I kinda lost touch with SJ in the mid 90's after I hadn't heard from him anymore. I figured that he stopped recording to try his hand at something else. Hey, is there any recordings of him playing bass? I'd love to hear some of his bass playing. Thanks again, Rossy_j...Peace Out...Play On! ;-)

My Ultimate Band:

Lead Vocals :Thom Yorke
Lead Guitar : Dave Navvaro
Vocals/Rythym Guitar : Jack Black
Bass: Flea
Drums 1 : Dave Weckl
Drums 2 : Nate Morton ( house band from the rockstar shows)

I heard, but dont remember the name of the band, that Jimi Hendrix and Joe Pesci, were in the same band, but not at the same time. Does anyone remember??? Well well. I found it....the band was Joey Dee and the Starliters,

Guitar- me
Drums- the letter f
NO BASS
vibes- the number 4

Band #1 (Progressive)
Drummer: Neil Peart (of course!)
Vocals: Peter Gabriel
Bassist: Chris Squire
Keys: Keith Emerson
Guitar: Steve Hackett

Band #2 (generic awesomeness)
Drummer: Ginger Baker
Vocals: Roger Daltrey
Bassist: John Entwisle
Keys: Rick Wakeman
Guitar: David Gilmour

Drums: Carter Beauford
Drums: Bernard Purdie
Bass: Victor Wooten
Bass: T.M. Stevens
Guitar: Jorel Corpuz
Guitar: Jimi Hendrix
Shamisen: The Yoshida Brothers
Vocals: Dave Matthews
Vocals: Bamboo Manalac

Vocals-Joey Cape (Lagwagon)
Guitar- Daron Malakian (SOAD)
Bass- Matt Freeman (Rancid)
Drums- Brooks Wackerman (Bad Religion)

Oh, ok. Thanks Rossy_j! Wasn't aware of that. Maybe because I kinda lost touch with SJ in the mid 90's after I hadn't heard from him anymore. I figured that he stopped recording to try his hand at something else. Hey, is there any recordings of him playing bass? I'd love to hear some of his bass playing. Thanks again, Rossy_j...Peace Out...Play On! ;-)

Hey, I'll get my father to fish out some of his vinyls because i'm not too sure where I heard it. Ill tell you when I find one.

Cheers, R

Hey, I'll get my father to fish out some of his vinyls because i'm not too sure where I heard it. Ill tell you when I find one.

Cheers, R

Thanks Rossy_j. Yea, I'd like to hear some SJ bass. I never knew he played the four string. Cheers...Play On! ;-)

I've got most of Jordan's old stuff. I saw him play when he first came out. Stanley was the guitar wizard with the touch technique that wowed everybody when he came on the scene. His fame and familiarity faded for whatever reason. Some of it personal I believe.

I'm not aware of anything SJ plays 4 string bass on. He does play bass lines on his guitar and could give any Stick player a run for their money. However, I wouldn't say he's a bass player. He could probably teach Tony Levin a few things though...

I've got most of Jordan's old stuff. I saw him play when he first came out. Stanley was the guitar wizard with the touch technique that wowed everybody when he came on the scene. His fame and familiarity faded for whatever reason. Some of it personal I believe.

I'm not aware of anything SJ plays 4 string bass on. He does play bass lines on his guitar and could give any Stick player a run for their money. However, I wouldn't say he's a bass player. He could probably teach Tony Levin a few things though...

Yea murph. That's what I thought, but Rossy_j seems to think so. And I wouldn't consider him a basser either, but when he burst on the scene back in the 80's, he floored me with his guitar technique. So innovative and original. And it was beautiful to see him play. And really awesome to hear.

Yes, that was strange the way he just fell out of the scene as quick as he came in. I wonder what he's doing nowadays? Maybe find him on the web, huh? Anyway, thanks for your input! It's always informative...Play On! ;-)

Yes, that was strange the way he just fell out of the scene as quick as he came in. I wonder what he's doing nowadays? Maybe find him on the web, huh? Anyway, thanks for your input! It's always informative...Play On! ;-)

He looks to be involved a lot with Music Therapy these days. Very cool. Could be what got him out of his slump...

I was floored by his playing also. It's a beautiful sound.

Cheers,
Murph

Stanley has played bass before, I'm just having trouble finding the piece right now! It wasn't a career move or anything it was just a session he did and a good one at that. He's better on the old six string, a genius in fact, but I felt greedy having Joe Satriani, Carlos Santana AND Stanley Jordan all on guitar, but I had to have him somewhere in there.

R

He looks to be involved a lot with Music Therapy these days. Very cool. Could be what got him out of his slump...

I was floored by his playing also. It's a beautiful sound.

Cheers,
Murph

Ahh...Music Therapy, huh? Well that never hurts. That's good to hear! Maybe he'll record again, though. Hopefully...Thanks murph...Play On! ;-)

I do miss his playing...

Back