Axis XL single disappointment....

OldFart

I recently bought 2 XL single pedals. Had one for a few days before the other. I recieved the other today and can not get them equal. Starting looking at possible problems and found a few.
Under the footboard there are 2 washers on one pedal and none on the other. I took apart the hinge assembly and found the slow pedal assembly too big for the opening causing it to bind and thus stop sooner than the other. I got out the dremel and ground a bit of and it's better.
When they put it together(China or US?) they had to tighten down the screws since there was no washers and this caused the hinge rod to bend and that's what(I think) is causing the problem.

I did adjust springs exactly on each pedal, and lubed all pivot points just to make sure. I was thinking that I had just played the other and broke it in more...but dang if the springs stretch this much after a few days that's pretty weak as well.

Sometimes when you buy something that has rave reviews on quality it's a damn disappointment when something as petty as this happens.
Just thought I'd post if anyone has this problem and can't find the answer...check the heal area hinge

I took apart the hinge assembly and found the slow pedal assembly too big for the opening causing it to bind and thus stop sooner than the other.

Could you please explain this again with more 'AXIS descriptive terms', I'm not getting what your trying to say... maybe pics?

All AXIS gear is made and assembled in the US... though maybe not necessarily in all instances 'by an American' whatever that means.

It's called the "Heel Block" in the axis manual.

On the heel part of the footboard there is a hinge assembly that allows the footboard to move freely. There is a stainless steel rod that runs through the assembly where it screws to the footboard and bottom of pedal.
There are 2 plastic bushings that the rod runs through and the hinge fits between the bushings...think of a door hinge or cabinet hinge.
The hinge is to wide to sit in the bushings and rotate freely...it binds up.

Last time I buy axis...made in america? That doesn't mean a damn thing anymore sad to say.

It means that you helped an American stay employed....so that they can help you with your problems and speak to you in English.

Try calling them.... http://axispercussion.com/technical.html

I feel better now...paying for someone to do crappy work. That makes it all better now....good grief.

I have called 6 times....recording after recording. I fixed problem myself.....dremel works wonders. I should have stuck with what I know. DW and Yamaha

Back