Rock Band drums on easy is HARD!!

larrylover

I've found that it is really hard for me to do well on any difficult lower than expert on rock band. Wondering what my fellow drummers' experiences were like

I have the Guitar Hero kit, Expert is pretty much spot on with the actual song, though you need to know the song properly. You don't get points for sneaking in that extra kick :S

Easy on it is usually just doing the kick drum, constantly....

I find the lower difficulty levels get annoying, especially if you know the song. Instinct kicks in and I start playing things not represented on the screen.

I glad that Rock Band is introducing the youngin's to the music i grew up with, but don't. think that if you master the expert level on Rock band that you will be an expert drummer it doesn't. work that way you won't. even be at the starting line LOL.

It takes hard work & dedication like anything that requires a lot of skill.

I'm not saying it won't. help you it just that you won't. be as good as the game portrays you on the TV. a lot of times the drums on RB are not even close to what you would be playing on a real kit. RB just teaches you basic timing IMO.

Bonzolead

For a while I could only play on medium. But one day I thought that I would try out expert and I never looked back. It's kind of annoying though because when you play a real kit you can make the drums basic or complex. The game tries to hard to be "prefect" that it isn't perfect at all. But it's still fun! I just wish the pads were a lot more realistic. I keep losing points even though I am playing the song the right way.

There are some rock band drum mods to real kits and other do it yourself kits that ould be a great improvement on RB.

I think if someone can play RB he will improve his timing and skills,better than just listening to music and trying to learn the songs.

I returned to drumming because of the video game. I was having fun with it and decided I need a Kit.

google "rock band drums" theres alot of info on drum mods

There are some rock band drum mods to real kits and other do it yourself kits that ould be a great improvement on RB.

I think if someone can play RB he will improve his timing and skills,better than just listening to music and trying to learn the songs.

I returned to drumming because of the video game. I was having fun with it and decided I need a Kit.

google "rock band drums" theres alot of info on drum mods
that's all fine & good but the stage or a crowd of people whatever the case may be is what separates the men from the boys or woman from the girls can't. forget about the ladies LOL.

that being said I do think RB improves your timing & I glad you decided to get back into drums you could've been a guitar player LOL, but you have to admit playing a real set of drums is a lot fun than the RB drums LMAO,

Bonzolead

that's all fine & good but the stage or a crowd of people whatever the case may be is what separates the men from the boys or woman from the girls can't. forget about the ladies LOL.

that being said I do think RB improves your timing & I glad you decided to get back into drums you could've been a guitar player LOL, but you have to admit playing a real set of drums is a lot fun than the RB drums LMAO,

Bonzolead

I think its more fun to play in a RB 4 piece than practicing by myself, but if its band practice no way! I just hate hitting the extra bass hits and the awkward fills when you could nail it on a real kit, but otherwise expert is easier than hard mode for sure.

I've seen it being played, but haven't played it. I have no doubt it's hard....it's a "game"....points are scored by the "best player of the game" not necessarily the "best drummer".

To put it in perspective, I remember getting a giggle out of an article I read where Slash was annoyed that his young son kept beating him on Guitar Hero.....the song was Sweet Child O' Mine from memory. His own song....he wrote it on a guitar, yet couldn't play it to expert level on Guitar Hero.

A fun game, yes.......but the real world applications can't always be directly compared.

I never really got into playing computer games but I loved Rock Band when I played it. You're watching that rolling screen and about 30 seconds in you're getting high. I saw the allure and addiction of these things. I played Tom Sawyer at Best Buy and had a group of people watching. You have to concentrate on that screen; but I would imagine that would be so hard if you had to play an objective rendition of yourself.

Back