Kumu four piece.

Re: Kumu more-than-four piece.

In the end, I left the new kit as God intended...

4726861605_fca391cc82_b.jpg

Why the second bass if this is what God intended??? :)
This really rocks!!!!

Bram

Why the second bass if this is what God intended??? :)
This really rocks!!!!

God intended to allow drummers to choose between several different bass drum sizes to go along with four tom kits. :)

This thing sounds great, and looks even better! Does the bass drum project in a live setting?

Yes it does, when you tune it right. All drums project when you tune them up!

lovely, just... .....lovely!

There are very few kits here on DW that I desire more than my own. With the addition of the new drums, your kit is now on that list.

Any comments on your findings between the 18" and 20" kick? Is there enough of a difference for your liking?

Congrats on a beauty kit that sounds as good as it looks!

Wavelength, you're a bastard, let me tell you that. Now I want two extra toms as well :)

I know. I just wanted to mess with ya! ;)

Any comments on your findings between the 18" and 20" kick? Is there enough of a difference for your liking?

I haven't tried different tunings with the 18" yet, but at least in the pre-tuned higher (bebop) range it works a lot better than the 20". The larger drum is better suited for punchy pop/rock sounds -- it works well in a round funk tuning, too -- but I may still be in a market for an even bigger bass drum... maybe!

Wavelength, what's the unlathed k custom ride on your left?

You mean on my right? :) It's a 22" Zildjian K Custom Dry Light Ride, which has been discontinued. The sound is pure candy, and you can check out my videos for sound clips.

never put you down as an oriental china person dosent look right with the classy Kumus

I think the oriental looks awesome with the kumu's, dont listen to jack, he knows nothing ;)

Other than having mostly the same taste in gear as me that is :p

George.

Here's a fusionesque setup I've messed around with lately:

- 18" bass drum, 16", 14", 12" and 10" toms and two 14" snares
- 14" Istanbul Agop Mel Lewis Hats
- 20" Meinl Byzance Jazz Extra Thin Ride
- 8" Zildjian A Custom Splash, 9" Zildjian Oriental Trash Splash
- 22" Zildjian K Custom Dry Light Ride
- 16" Zildjian K Custom Dark Crash stacked on a 16" Zildjian Oriental China
- 18" Zildjian K Custom Dark Crash.

Video clips coming... hopefully.

Righto! As promised, here are some clips: Drum Noodling Suite, parts one, two, three, four and five. I'm still in the process of getting used to the new movements, and my chops aren't quite up to speed yet, but so far I'm digging the new melodic possibilities... Enjoy!

One day, I will own my very own Kumu kit. They look and sound incredibly amazing! Warm and melodic, precisely how drums should sound. But first I will have to be able to drum better before I even dare to own something which is more than just a practice kit. :)

BTW, nice chops man!

Back