roger waters

ecpietscheck

i now a big part of the drummers on this forum are jazzers but anyways, but anyways roger waters is an undeniable great musician!
who is going to the tour starting on the upcoming september?!

Thinking about it, depending on funds.

When Syd & the Floyd parted ways it was the end of an era, but when Waters quit it was the end of Floyd in my opinion. Some of their songs since then have been okay, but it seems to me the spirit has left their music. Latter-day Floyd is run more like a business with hired musicians & songwriters, a long way from their underground roots.

I've only heard a handful of Roger's solo stuff, but I'm definitely considering it.

I saw that and that he was going to do The Wall. I couldn't believe it. Like you can do that without the rest of Pink Floyd? I wouldn't go to see it even though I love Roger Waters.

It's like David Lee Roth without Van Halen doing 1984... only (really) different. Or maybe like Dale Bozzio doing Missing Persons without, well, Missing Persons.

I already bought my tickets. His lyrics are incredible, i would almost call him a poet, he is almost at Bob Dylan's level. And a beautiful bass player. If i ever pick on of those things up i will want to learn some of his stuff.

I already bought my tickets. His lyrics are incredible, i would almost call him a poet, he is almost at Bob Dylan's level. And a beautiful bass player. If i ever pick on of those things up i will want to learn some of his stuff.
I agree. If was stranded on a desert island with only 10 albums, I'd take 10 copies of The Wall. Epic work of genius, there, and no doubt Roger Waters was the primary driver for that effort.

Thing is, at least for me, is that he hasn't done anything so epic or meaningful since then, and seems to be resting on that amazing period of hyper-creativity. Because he had the benefit of the rest of the band then, especially David Gilmore, it seems fitting to me that if he wants to reproduce The Wall, he should get the band back together to do that. It's feels just a little bit hollow for him to strike out on his own to reproduce that particular piece of work with any authenticity or credibility.

Back