The Latest - Pearl Masters MCX

Yeah, what he said. I was thinking of getting the bronze finish until i read that it was a wrap.

The only thing I'm a little sad about is that I dont think i can get a 20 inch kick w/o buying all the drums individually and spending more dough. I've always used 22s but there are a couple factors for me wanting to get a 20 this time around : 1) Im a shorter drum player @ 5'8" and i sometimes struggle to get that "perfect" setup w/ the rack toms due to clearance issues combined w/ my height - however i always do find something comfortable, and 2) I played a couple 20 inch kicks -namely a 20 inch maple dw collectors @ a pro musicians house- and they've really blown me away. They're like mini canons!

Oh, btw... for those who'd like to get their hands on the diamond glitter MCX finish check out http://www.pearldrum.com/all_access_online/. If they offered this in Black Sparkle Fade , i'd do it lol

Yeah, what he said. I was thinking of getting the bronze finish until i read that it was a wrap.

The only thing I'm a little sad about is that I dont think i can get a 20 inch kick w/o buying all the drums individually and spending more dough. I've always used 22s but there are a couple factors for me wanting to get a 20 this time around : 1) Im a shorter drum player @ 5'8" and i sometimes struggle to get that "perfect" setup w/ the rack toms due to clearance issues combined w/ my height - however i always do find something comfortable, and 2) I played a couple 20 inch kicks -namely a 20 inch maple dw collectors @ a pro musicians house- and they've really blown me away. They're like mini canons!

Oh, btw... for those who'd like to get their hands on the diamond glitter MCX finish check out http://www.pearldrum.com/all_access_online/. If they offered this in Black Sparkle Fade , i'd do it lol

20" is a good size. If I had one I'd go w/ a 20x16". I had a 14" deep Ludwig Classic Maple kit...and it sounded fantastic...but was a little choked when I really laid into it. My son's kit has a 20x16" and it's pretty powerful.

Good luck on finding what you're after!

I know what you mean here. Your lucky though, I am only 5' 6". I really enjoy either a 20x16, like Zambizzi mentioned, or a 20x20.

Now that's MY KIND OF SETUP!! Very nice, that finish is just magical!

I would want to go 3 up 2 down but doing so I'd have to go straight to tama to get them specially done as it was a limited finish, which sucks!

*pictures saved to hard drive*

and get that bloody second kick in there as well!! :D

So yeah...here we go...more drums!

18x22" Bass (x2 - second one not shown)
16x16" FT
14x14" FT
9x12" TT
8x10" TT
7x8" TT

They sound great...of course I knew what to expect. The finish is *beautiful* - it's flawless and almost like looking in a mirror, it's so smooth. These kits are by far the best deal on the market today, hands down. You get top-shelf quality and sound for a mid-range price.

I'm not crazy about how I have the 8" and 10" mounted, I may get rid of the DW tom stand and just use a pearl double-tom stand. There's more chrome there than a Harley dealership.

I'll post more pics once I have time to take some nice ones...and some sounds when I re-tune and do them justice.

Posted once already about how nice this kit is.........still drooling! Fantastic pics- bet its better in the flesh! LOVELY!!!!!!

Thanks! I dropped back down to a 4pc (22, 16, 12, 14 snare) so I'll post more pics this weekend to keep it fresh.

Here we go. I had to move all of my stuff down to the finished basement. We're in the process of moving to a new house and my drum room is being torn down to salvage for parts for a new room at the new place.

Here's the 22, 16, 12, 14 setup. Sorry for the blurry one, was too lazy to take another and wanted to get everything in the same pic.

The sticks are signature David Garibaldi - and they're friggin' great!

Attachments

• DSC08170.JPG
    DSC08170.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 1,246
  • DSC08171.JPG
    DSC08171.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 3,315
  • DSC08172.JPG
    DSC08172.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 1,309
  • DSC08173.JPG
    DSC08173.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 1,213
  • DSC08174.JPG
    DSC08174.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 1,203
  • DSC08176.JPG
    DSC08176.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 1,405
  • DSC08169.JPG
    DSC08169.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 2,177
i love the way you have used those dog bones. and the kit looks great, im a sucker for a white bass drum. Also kinda a shame your UNIX has to sit it in the naughty corner

Thanks - the dogbones have really simplified things, I had the entire kit setup in about 10 minutes.

I like a white reso on the kick too, it almost makes the drum seem bigger than it is.

It seems slightly odd that you should buy all those drums if you're just going to set 3 of them up? You could probably sell the other BD and those 3 toms as a kit!

I did sell the second kick on eBay, it ships out tomorrow.

I bought the big kit specifically so I could experiment w/ setups on a whim. When I get stale or want to throw a monkey wrench in my filling/phrasing, I'll add a tom or two...or switch them around. Another idea is to find a matching 18" kick and run 18", 14" 10" as a little secondary "gig kit".

I had a couple of metalheads over last week (unexpectedly...no one would EVER confuse me for a metal drummer) and they begged me to run the double kick setup! My arm has been twisted though, I'm eyeballing a few good deals on DW 9000 double pedals on eBay.

That...and a Q-Popper side-snare...mmmmm....yeah.

Yeah you can't go wrong with a nice DW pedal, i think i'm gonna stick with double pedals in the future, just seems a lot easier to work with, especially for recording purposes. Maybe you could have used it as a gong drum though :p

Zambizzi, you should buy enough kits so that you can post in every single one of the "SHOW OFF YOUR _______ KITS!!" threads.

THAT would be sweet.

then after that accomplishment you can give them all away!

And i should get one for thinking up the idea!

Zambizzi, you should buy enough kits so that you can post in every single one of the "SHOW OFF YOUR _______ KITS!!" threads.

THAT would be sweet.

then after that accomplishment you can give them all away!

And i should get one for thinking up the idea!

Hmmmm...you've definitely piqued my interest! :p I'll run it by my wife...after a few karate lessons.

Beautiful kit! I'm saving up for an MCX right now. I have a question though, do all of the kits come with a virgin kick, or are they special order only? Thanks for replying.

Beautiful kit! I'm saving up for an MCX right now. I have a question though, do all of the kits come with a virgin kick, or are they special order only? Thanks for replying.

Thanks! You won't be sorry! The virgin kicks are every bit as popular and common as the "de-flowered" ones.

Check eBay right now, there are some fantastic deals on MCX kits. That's where I got this setup...and I paid about 60% of retail. I was pleasantly surprised to open the boxes and discover that they had never been played. :)

Hi,

Just saw your awesome Pearl Masters MCX in Black Sparkle Fade. I am trying to find a good deal on one of these. Are you interested in selling these? Also, how much does one of these go. I have seen them for $1499 just 4 piece, didn't know if you can get them cheaper anywhere. I am a Slipknot fan, and would really like a Pearl Reference, but your kit would be perfect, if I could find one exactly with this configuration.

Thanks,

Dave

Back