Fiberskyn Ambassador III

JohnnyG

Honorary Lifetime CEO
Staff member
A few photos of the new Fiberskyn III on the Renowns. A little more mellow than the G2 coated and a very vintage look.

Attachments

• CIMG0359.JPG
    CIMG0359.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 1,083
  • CIMG0361.JPG
    CIMG0361.JPG
    152 KB · Views: 767
They look good.I just put some G2 coated on my Sonor kit lastnight with G1 clears on the bottom.Totally different sound from the EC2's i had on there.

I love the G2 over G1 combo, but my batters were wearing out so I thought a little field test was in order.

Looks very nice. I am thinking about getting a rack soon. All around nice looking kit, and I bet it sounds great too.

A little more mellow than the G2 coated and a very vintage look.

I contacted Shane since my Sonor kit is basswood,and he told me i would be sold on the G2 over G1 setup and he was right.Totally opened the drums with a warm sound.Now i just have to improve on my tuning.

They look nice. I am thinking about getting Fiberskyn Ambassador IIIs instead of coated ambassdors. Any thoughts on how they would hold up with brushes (mostly in terms of wear, say on snare)?

Steve

Grunter,
I'm a big fan of the Fiberskyn heads. Did you keep the G1's underneath?

They look nice. I am thinking about getting Fiberskyn Ambassador IIIs instead of coated ambassdors. Any thoughts on how they would hold up with brushes (mostly in terms of wear, say on snare)?

Steve

My guess is better than coated, since the coating wears off and these don't have a coating.

My guess is better than coated, since the coating wears off and these don't have a coating.

Thanks for the feedback! I am learning more about these heads. I just learned that the Fiberskyn is a bit thicker than other heads, so I may go with Fiberskyn III Diplomat (which I understand is more comparable to the Coated Ambassador as opposed to the Fiberskyn Ambassador III which is more comparable to the Coated Emperors. If me likey, I may move away from the Coated Remos and Evans G1s on the batters.

Steve

I don't have a Fibreskin on my snare so I don't know about the brushes.

fiberskyns are horrible for brushes.

Any more detail here? Too dry perhaps? Does the finish flake or separate somehow? Snags the brushes too much? I thought that Jeff Hamilton uses these for his set ...

Steve

Alright G-Diddy, you got 'em! I get a hankering for these heads every now and again. I just swapped back out for clear ambassadors but I'll use my FS's again sometime.

I like them, nice dark vintage tone with lots of low-end. You get what I describe as a heavy "dunk" sound.

Back