2 Box Drums- former ddrum!!

slingerlandfreak

Hello, i would read some reviews from somebody who has checked this drums at Namm show. I was on youtube and saw Ralf Gustke to play this on Musikmesse in Frankfurt.
2 box drumitfive seems to be cheaper and maybe better alternative to Roland 12-20.
I have written on www.2box.se (their website) and they have answered me that drumitfive set will be available in March!
Price should be about 2000euro!
So very interesting for me to get it for practice in flat, anybody more informations?

Hi Slinger, Well i can't comment on the Namm show 2009 but i will be attending MusikMesse in April so hopefully i will be able to report back with some information. I have been waiting for the Drumit Five for a long time now and cannot wait to get my hands on it. The sounds in the videos sound awesome, and 4GB on board memory even sweeter. I also love the fact it will come with an editor for PC/Mac so you can drag and drop all your sounds in from that.

If they keep it at the current price i believe £1549 GBP which is around 2000 Euro i believe imo it will be a killer. Why anyone would consider a TD 12 or even a TD20 is beyond me. What is the TD 20 about £5000 and the sounds are still bad!

Hello, I just got my 2box drum kit and in general its awesome. Just one thing to consider is, if you`ve been reading the forums, they kept saying that the delays were due to some things that weren´t working properly (mainly the hihat and cymbals). Well the bugs are still there, sometimes cymbals go out of control or stop sounding. Aniway i'm confident they will fix this bug with an update of the OS of the module. The kit sounds incredible, not at all like the plastic sounds you get from a Roland, and feels really good.

Totally recomend it...

I just bought a 2 Box drum kit (serial number 182 haha) and as far as the sound goes, it's unbelievable!! Unfortunately in the transfer between the store and my house something went wrong with the trigger on the bass drum so I had to take it in for repair. Thankfully Roland pads are compatible with the 2 Box Module, so they gave me a loaner TD 8 bass drum pad that works fine. A few bugs with the cymbals but hopefully those will be addressed in downloadable patches. I'm waiting for prices on additional elements to the kit (extra cymbal, 14" pad to replace the 10" pad currently in my floor tom position). All in all a great purchase!!

As far as modules go, even allowing for NAMM announcments, 2Box is the way forward.
Really impressed with mine having moved away from Roland after a few years.

I've got a 2box, it's better and cheaper.

Back