Neil Peart

he ain't the only one influenced by max...check out the double dvd by led zeppelin. in "moby dick" he starts his solo in 3/4 with a nod to max roach.

dawg said:
he ain't the only one influenced by max...check out the double dvd by led zeppelin. in "moby dick" he starts his solo in 3/4 with a nod to max roach.

I will have to check that out. Thanks for the tip!

Steve

mikeybbdrummin said:
Does anyone want to guess what the Rush/DW 30th anniversary commerative drum kit is going to be priced at? There is going to be only 30. Full acoustic kit and cymbals. I will guess first at $25,000.00. Next guess?
I think I heard somewhere it was going to be $30,000 to comemorate the thirtieth anniversary of Rush.

mikeybbdrummin said:
Does anyone want to guess what the Rush/DW 30th anniversary commerative drum kit is going to be priced at? There is going to be only 30. Full acoustic kit and cymbals. I will guess first at $25,000.00. Next guess?

Hey mikey. It's gonna be more than 25 grand. They're "only" making 30 of them. And they
will all be custom made individually specific to each one. I'd say in the 35,000 to 40,000 dollar range. And whoever gets one will have a "prized" posession that they will cherish
for life! I KNOW I WOULD! Cya... ;-)

dib da drummer said:
Hey mikey. It's gonna be more than 25 grand. They're "only" making 30 of them. And they
will all be custom made individually specific to each one. I'd say in the 35,000 to 40,000 dollar range. And whoever gets one will have a "prized" posession that they will cherish
for life! I KNOW I WOULD! Cya... ;-)

It's $30,000.

The kit itself would normally have a retail price of around $53,000, but Guitar Center is selling them at $30,000 a piece due to the 30th Anniversary.

kazzman said:
It's $30,000.

The kit itself would normally have a retail price of around $53,000, but Guitar Center is selling them at $30,000 a piece due to the 30th Anniversary.

I guess that would make sense. 30 of them, available 10-30, 30 year anniversary (even though Neil joined in 1975, really 31) and a cost of 30,000.00. Sounds logical.

timebandit said:
I think I heard somewhere it was going to be $30,000 to comemorate the thirtieth anniversary of Rush.

Hey bandit,

Just went to Guitar Centers' website. Can you let me know where it says that the
Neil Peart 30th Anniversary Commemorative DW Drumkit is going to cost $30,000? Where did you come up with that figure? You got an inside "scoop" on that information?
I'm just curious about that, because it sounds like you just made that up about the kit costing $30,000 to co-inside with the 30 year anniversary of Rush. I think the kit is
gonna cost more than that. They are only making 30 of them. That is what's linking this. One kit for every year of Rush. Not the cost of each kit. Please let me know. Thanks! ;-)

P.S. The cymbals ALONE are gonna cost thousands!

dib da drummer said:
Hey bandit,

Just went to Guitar Centers' website. Can you let me know where it says that the
Neil Peart 30th Anniversary Commemorative DW Drumkit is going to cost $30,000? Where did you come up with that figure? You got an inside "scoop" on that information?
I'm just curious about that, because it sounds like you just made that up about the kit costing $30,000 to co-inside with the 30 year anniversary of Rush. I think the kit is
gonna cost more than that. They are only making 30 of them. That is what's linking this. One kit for every year of Rush. Not the cost of each kit. Please let me know. Thanks! ;-)

P.S. The cymbals ALONE are gonna cost thousands!
I talked with a manager at GC and he told me it would be "around 30K" and that he would throw in a free set of stick if I bought it!

Seriously, he told me it would cost me about 30k

wow 30 g's for his set. I went to the chuck levins website (most successful single music store in the nation at one point) and they said that his snare was 1k. i thought it would be a little more, but still 1k is pretty expensive.

mikei said:
I talked with a manager at GC and he told me it would be "around 30K" and that he would throw in a free set of stick if I bought it!

Seriously, he told me it would cost me about 30k

Oh,

Ok. Cool! You talked with one of the managers. That's a good way to find out. Just
go right to the source. I didn't know you actually talked with someone there at GC. Thanks
for clerifying that. Free sticks? I hope you were kidding. You pay 30 grand for a drumkit, I would hope you'd get a little more than a pair of sticks thrown in. Anyway, Thanks alot! Peace

Just came back for GC, spoke with the drum manager. Yup 30k is the tag. 10k non refundable deposit to put your name on the list, 20k on delivery.

Ok so you have the extra cash and decide to buy this set. What would you do with it?
A- Keep it in the packing boxes
B- Set it up and display it- Never play it
C- Put on Different heads and play it
D- Beat the crap out of it as is.

palmeris said:
Ok so you have the extra cash and decide to buy this set. What would you do with it?
A- Keep it in the packing boxes
B- Set it up and display it- Never play it
C- Put on Different heads and play it
D- Beat the crap out of it as is.

I'm thinking C.1. Change the heads and play it and also allow select people that I really trust to play it for an hourly fee (I know I'd pay to play on that kit for a little while).

I mean honestly it is a beautiful looking set but drums are meant to be played. Especially drums that have the potential to sound as beautiful as those do.

finnhiggins said:
I'd go for "E: Launch it into the air with a giant trebuchet just to hear dib_da_drummer's screams of agony and rage"...

Once again. The peanut gallery is heard from! How 'bout something inteligent to add, instead of your usual teenage examples of humor?

O Baterista said:
I'm thinking C.1. Change the heads and play it and also allow select people that I really trust to play it for an hourly fee (I know I'd pay to play on that kit for a little while).

I mean honestly it is a beautiful looking set but drums are meant to be played. Especially drums that have the potential to sound as beautiful as those do.

I couldn't of put it better myself. Oh, by the way, GREAT name there, O Baterista!

Back