Flared brushes

I like Firths too. I have several different models.

However the Gadd's are different because of the flared ends - which makes the comparison more than just a qualitative one.

Haven't used Pro Marks in a while so I can't speak to a current quality level.

I have enjoyed some Regal Tip models and feel they are similar to the Firths - as long as you compare similar models.

The brush model I'm digging the most right now are the Firth Legacy brushes. They are telescoping but have a stick sized wooden handle that can be used for cross stick or cymbal sounds.

I will say that there are quite a few cool models out there so you have great choices for colors.

I like Firths too. I have several different models.

However the Gadd's are different because of the flared ends - which makes the comparison more than just a qualitative one.

Haven't used Pro Marks in a while so I can't speak to a current quality level.

I have enjoyed some Regal Tip models and feel they are similar to the Firths - as long as you compare similar models.

The brush model I'm digging the most right now are the Firth Legacy brushes. They are telescoping but have a stick sized wooden handle that can be used for cross stick or cymbal sounds.

I will say that there are quite a few cool models out there so you have great choices for colors.

The Legacy brushes look interesting, and I might just get those. Have you had any issues with them so far?

I've been using the Regal Tip rubber telescopic brushes for years and I love them. Perhaps you could look at those too.

I might look into those a few paychecks later. Already ordered Vic Firth Legacy brushes along with a new pair of wood tip 2B Promark Japanese White Oak sticks. Thanks for the ideas though. :)

The Legacy brushes look interesting, and I might just get those. Have you had any issues with them so far?

None yet.

I started using them after watching some of Florian Alexandru-Zorn's vidoes ('FAZ' here at DW) on YouTube, some where he used the Legacy brushes although he has some where he uses the Heritage. The Heritage is my normal model brush.

I actually did run into some issues a few years ago with a run of Firth Heritages where they rattled a bit, right off the shelf. I contacted Firth and they sent me replacements so they took care of me. In the interim before I received the replacements, I bought some of the Regal Tips I mentioned and they were equally good to the Firths, of course no rattling. :)

Sometimes light rattling doesn't bother the average user but I have a hard time not moving on. The telescoping models I've owned eventually all start to rattle so I tend to look at brushes the same way I look at sticks - consumables. They wear down and I get another pair.

Jim

Back