Show Off Your DW Kit

My new vlt/vlx/x and super solid dreamy kit. Didn't have time to set it up yet.
Heartwood curly maple candy black burst-black nickel HW.

Attachments

• DW dk 2 .jpg
    DW dk 2 .jpg
    386 KB · Views: 5,365
  • DW dk 6 .jpg
    DW dk 6 .jpg
    368.7 KB · Views: 5,298
I'll bite. 99' Collectors series. What you dont see is my 12x5 maple snare.. ;)
You may also notice my kick. We use a projector to put interactive images/logos on the kick for shows.

61784_1630100191291_1200191142_31786793_5148486_n.jpg

This is my other kit configuration when I'm not playing hard rock.
45123_443337119776_500944776_4839280_3374318_n.jpg

My new vlt/vlx/x and super solid dreamy kit. Didn't have time to set it up yet.
Heartwood curly maple candy black burst-black nickel HW.

Hi Jeff

Absolutely amazing!.
Great finish and shell choices.
Congratulations.

Greetings from Spain
Gustavo

Hi Jeff

Absolutely amazing!.
Great finish and shell choices.
Congratulations.

Greetings from Spain
Gustavo
Thanks Gus! Here are a few more. Hard to get a good rep of the finish with my camera flash on.

Attachments

• DW dk 3 lr.jpg
    DW dk 3 lr.jpg
    706.6 KB · Views: 5,162
  • DW dk 9lr.jpg
    DW dk 9lr.jpg
    588.4 KB · Views: 5,226
I also couldn't find a "Show us your PDP's" thread so here are my PDP Platinums i got for my birthday :] Yes, I realize i'm a little rich boy... But I decided I would upgrade from my Costco kit into a semi-pro kit. I didn't want to have a bunch of really low end kits lieing around. They're 100% north american maple.

6.5 x 14 Ludwig Supraphonic Chrome Snare
12x14 Rack
14x16 Rack
16x18 Floor
18x22 Bass
I haven't measured them specifically but i'm pretty confident these are the measurements.
And I love the Black Oyster finish!

2n9j75.jpg

2n7pd7o.jpg

9qiao1.jpg

a1h07n.jpg

The people demand specs! And you need to spill the beans on that Super Solid as well.
8x10 vlt
9x12 vlt
14x14 x
16x20 vlx
13x6 vlt snare
14x5.5 SS snare

I will get a thread going with a review of the gear. I can compare this kit to my others, straight up collectors fast sizes, and all vlt standard depth.
One BIG surprise are the new meatier hoops. They are the new norm for collectors, and jazz series. In between the previous hoops and the die cast. They make the toms a tad more resonant and the snares a bit sharper but they don't choke.

Attachments

• DW dk 6lr .jpg
    DW dk 6lr .jpg
    368.7 KB · Views: 5,101
Lovin' the look of that DW Collectors kit ilustrator X! Beautiful finish.

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going!"

gravy1.jpg

thanks for your information and congrats to your beautiful baby, jeff. it looks amazing.
did you change the heads of the racktoms in "clear edge"?
Thanks Markus! I am loving the kit, and only a two month wait! I have waited 6 months for DW gear in the past.
Yes tried the clear edge heads, they are pointless! Sound exactly like clear ambassadors. The white coating is very thin and immediately starts chipping away. I have coated ambassadors on them now, all happy.

Thanks Markus! I am loving the kit, and only a two month wait! I have waited 6 months for DW gear in the past.
Yes tried the clear edge heads, they are pointless! Sound exactly like clear ambassadors. The white coating is very thin and immediately starts chipping away. I have coated ambassadors on them now, all happy.

I've used those heads quite a bit. Never had one chip, but yes, whatever difference there might be between them and clear ambassadors, I can't hear it.

These on of my two Collectors. It'd be cool to have a Classics now... just need to sell the Tama Birch/Bubinga.

Attachments

• DWBurst1.jpg
    DWBurst1.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 4,888
This is at my local GC, anybody know what finish it is? I love it!!!
DW.jpg

I know it's been awhile since you asked this, but nobody ever answered you. It's a discontinued finishply called "Stained Glass". It looks amazing under lights. I knew a kid that had some.

Back