First ever record you bought.

Z

zildjank09

What was the first ever single or album you bought, if you can remember that far back of course. :)

My first single was..
Bruce Springsteen`s double A side single, Born in the U.S.A and I`m on Fire.

Don't remember the first one I bought but the first one I listened the crap out of was Meet The Beatles. My upstairs neighbor had it and let me borrow it when I was about 4 or 5 years old. That would have been 1967 or 68. I wore that thing out.

The very first album I bought was: DEVO - New Traditionalists, back in 1981.

The second was QUEEN - Live Killers and the third was JUDAS PRIEST - Screaming For Vengeance.

Attachments

• Newtraditionalists.jpg
    Newtraditionalists.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
The first record I bought was the 45 single of "Time Has Come Today" by the Chambers Brothers. Can't remember what was on the B side.

First record I owned was 'Blue (Da Ba Dee)' by Eiffel 65. First record I bought was 'The Marshall Mathers LP' by Eminem. That's a scary listen, I tell you.

Vinyl: Talking Heads- "Stop Making Sense"
Cassette: Maybe MC Hammer's "Please Hammer Don't hurt 'em" or Aerosmith's "Get a Grip"
CD: Soundgarden "Superunknown" and The Presidents of the united states of America (self title) together.
Digital download: Missy Elliot "Under Construction"

The first ever CDs i bought were foo fighters, the self titled album and their latest (at the time) release "In your honor" in late 2005 together. I'd had a few CDs bought for me as presents before then though.

I think my first album I ever bought I was Meat Loaf - Bat Out of Hell.

I don't remember my first CD. Jimmy Pages' "Outrider" record was one of the first few.

I don't remember at what point I started buying my own music, but I think the first new album bought for me was Meet The Beatles in 1964, right after seeing them on Ed Sullivan.

Bermuda

First album I bought was this one:

410RVTQV9EL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

45 RPM of The Beatles I Want to Hold Your Hand. 1965. I was in second grade.

The first album I bought was the debut self - titled album by Aerosmith back in the 70's. It had "Mama Kin"on it.

The first album I fell in love with was my big sister's Sgt Peppers.

The first album owned was 20 Dynamic Hits, a Xmas present. My fave track on it was Blue Mink's Venus.

The first album I bought with my own $$ was Deep Purple's Machine Head, followed by David Bowie's Pinups.

These threads always become a great chronology of when everyone was born.

For me I think it could have been Europop by Eiffel 65, obviously in no way any indication of what I listen to now, I believe I was quite young at the time.

The first album I bought and loved for more then a week was Life is Killing Me by Type O Negative. Not their best known release or even my favourite one of their albums but it had just come out and I liked a few of their earlier singles. Today I still love Type O Negative, that album has a few real overlooked gems on it.

The first album I bought and loved for more then a week was Life is Killing Me by Type O Negative. Not their best known release or even my favourite one of their albums but it had just come out and I liked a few of their earlier singles. Today I still love Type O Negative, that album has a few real overlooked gems on it.

TBH i've not even heard any other type o negative albums apart from that one which i have on CD :p

TBH i've not even heard any other type o negative albums apart from that one which i have on CD :p

October Rust is generally considered their best work, Bloody Kisses achieved the highest commercial success due to Black No. 1 being a hit single. My favourite is World Coming Down, which is downright oppressive and bleak. You almost need a hug and a block of chocolate after an extended listen of that album.

The first album I bought with my own money was '...And Justice for All' by Metallica using money that I'd received for either my thirteenth or fourteenth birthday. That really was some time ago.

October Rust is generally considered their best work, Bloody Kisses achieved the highest commercial success due to Black No. 1 being a hit single. My favourite is World Coming Down, which is downright oppressive and bleak. You almost need a hug and a block of chocolate after an extended listen of that album.

I never get tired of October Rust. I have their entire catalog, but I listen to October the most.

The first album I bought with my own money was '...And Justice for All' by Metallica using money that I'd received for either my thirteenth or fourteenth birthday. That really was some time ago.

I still remember going to the record store to buy that album, and driving around San Francisco blasting that album in my car. And then going to see them on that tour.
A very life changing album for me.

It hasn't aged terribly well, but I'm still the Metallica fan I was when I was that age. It was released about two months after I was born, and I discovered it after getting heavily into Master of Puppets and Ride the Lightning. The work after that never appealed, but those three albums are just something else.

Back