The bad part about working in a drum shop...

Solaris

Silver Member
Is that, being constantly surrounded by top of the line gear, it's hard to not give in to temptation every now and again.

I've been thinking about getting a deep snare for a while now, and have saved up enough for a DW 14x7 10+6 X-Shell Maple snare, and would have ordered one this week... until yesterday. We had a 14x6.5 Pearl Reference wood snare show up at the shop. It was pretty much love at first sight. I tuned it up and was blown away by how big and powerful, yet sensitive and articulate this drum was. It spent about an hour on the floor before I decided it was coming home with me.

14" x 6.5" Pearl Reference 14 ply Maple + 6 ply Birch snare drum in Granite Sparkle.
Enjoy.

As a side note this is about the only sparkle finish I've seen that I truly like.

Attachments

• Reference 1.jpg
    Reference 1.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 1,072
  • Reference 2.jpg
    Reference 2.jpg
    379.1 KB · Views: 1,068
  • Reference 3.jpg
    Reference 3.jpg
    371.1 KB · Views: 1,072
  • Reference 4.jpg
    Reference 4.jpg
    422.7 KB · Views: 1,106
  • Reference 5.jpg
    Reference 5.jpg
    431.7 KB · Views: 1,263
  • Reference 6.jpg
    Reference 6.jpg
    493.3 KB · Views: 1,507
Working in a drum shop is a dream job for most drummers :)
That snare is rediculously thick... but beautiful! I really like the lugs on this one.

does it need that genera dry head? I use that on my sensitone steely.
I LOVE those referance snares. Just totally hot.

like you, i usually never like sparkle finishes, but that finish is amazing!
bet it sounds amazing too :)
any sound clips?

It would be interesting to see what it would sound like with different head. I've never heard the Genera Dry.

I work in a hospital. I have no problem not bringing stuff home except band aids and rubber gloves for painting. I do like that wrap. The sparkle is amazing.

You get to spend an hour with a reference snare drum and i get to spend an hour in Algebra.

Holy shell thickness batman!

I almost took a job at the local GC..in hindsight, it is prolly a good thing I didn't.

I would have almost assuredly taken my pay in the form of drum gear!

Back