=My new drum room!! Kit and gear pictures galore=

xopethx

Hey everybody!
I moved from Florida to Boston, MA about 3 weeks ago (everyone tells me i'm crazy, why would i move in the middle of December!!!), but i've got a great job and an awesome location just north of the city. I'm only about a 10 minute drive in normal traffic to downtown Boston, but the neighborhood i'm in is still pretty quiet, and my house isn't really adjacent to any others!

Anyhow, it's taken a while to get everything unpacked and put in the correct rooms...i've got this whole place to myself, so with the spare bedroom I created my recording studio :)

I have yet to take the measurements of the room...once i do, I'll figure how how many absorption panels i need, and where. I also need to save up for some ambient room mics now, since the room itself sounds GREAT! So much better than recording in a tiny carpeted bedroom back in florida. I haven't had a chance to to make any recordings in this room yet, but in case you missed my last few posts, here's what i've been up to lately-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MC5Dsk3qXA&fmt=18

Also, i'm trying a different setup for a bit....soon, i may move the 12" rack tom to where the 14" floor tom is, and go with a 2-up, 2-down type configuration. I like where things are at the moment though, it's very natural and comfortable. On to the pictures!

14932083wi7.jpg

16324399lu6.jpg

56130894gy3.jpg

13ba0.jpg

78873516av1.jpg

16si5.jpg

78579557tm3.jpg

48215860xm0.jpg

23538751xl4.jpg

56059061gd0.jpg

10mv9.jpg

11ed9.jpg

12yb7.jpg

14jz5.jpg

15zd3.jpg

17ch1.jpg

that's it so far!! let em fly guys!
-chris

How's the wood floor treating you?

Nice kit. Gavin Harrison influence?

Nice room, nice drums, kick ass sound and playing. I loved it.
Congrats to your move, just stay in your drumroom til' summer.

WOW! You're A BRILLIANT Drummer!!! Very sweet kit and very nice room, you must have alot of fun with it! I myself am crammed into a 2x1m area in my bedroom -_- which is not good with 2 bass drums. But Great Kit and Great Room!!!! :D

If someone said what would a Cadillac look as a drum set I would show them your Sonors. Those drums are just plain beautiful!!

Wow Chris, that looks awsome. You have already achieved what I dream of; a single room for just the drum and music with no neighbours to complain. Congrats!
I am looking forward to all the video's that are going to be made in there. Have fun!

Man I'm always blown away by Sonors finishes. Love the kit man! As well as the vids. Its great when you see someone on youtube then you find out a couple of months later you find them again on drummerworld. Keep it up man!

My friend has a double bass in that colour.
PS you are crazy to move to Boston. Crazy good, kinda crazy.
Florida is for old people. Now about being stuck in the snow, you will learn to overcome that.
LOL.

Hey,

That is a nice looking Sonor kit. How do you like it? You have a very balance set up and the wooden floors should be a plus. I just purchased a new Ddrum Bubinga Tiger Eye kit and am loving it! I have alway played DW's in the studio but man do theses babies sound great. Check them out on my site at,...................www.awdrums.com

Rock on and Merry CHristmas,
Alan

It all looks incredible!! Congratulations on your new job! (That's a big deal this day and age!)
It looks like you have the makings for a fine studio. Excellent playing on your video. I look forward to see/hear what difference your new room makes.

As for being stuck at home because of the snow...Just sounds like one more reason to stay inside and PLAY THOSE BEAUTIFUL DRUMS!!

Beautiful kit, great cymbal choices. Kudos to you on the new drum room. My condolences to the move to the great white north. My kids used to live in Winchester and I would visit 6 or 7 times a year. It's SO cold there. It looks like you moved to Arlington, Medford or Woburn from the shot of the house. It is nice there in the spring and summer.

I went to your "Band, Kit and Videos" links. Very impressive all way around. Nice recorded drum and cymbal sounds and good mixing.

As far as your playing, I am stupefied that you have been playing for only two years. You have an awesome vocabulary for a young drummer. I noticed all sorts of stuff. Nice snare and tom flams like Tony Williams. Good hi-hat on and off beat left foot work - Billy Ward.
Nice feel with the straight and swung change ups - Gavin Harrison.

Congratulations. Keep up with your journey, it is very inspiring!

forgot one, now that you mentioned the Winter :)

househi1.jpg

i'm stuck in my driveway XD Even after an hour of shoveling snow, still stuck there...

Duuuuuude, I feel your pain. Welcome to New England. I shoveled for 45 min to get out of my drive, and I was parked at the end, about 15 ft from the road. Then drove 50 mi to work at 3A.M. to get to work by 5 in the freakin Blizzard. And shoveled for 3 more hours.........Here is a pic...first storm of the year

BUT, Your set looks killer man, awesome job...LOVE the cymbal config.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 981
Last edited:
Helluva first snow storm of the year , eh? Well, I don't have school today I'm excited.
You have a great drum set and room, I am in love with your cymbals and finish. Also, listening to your drum videos, you are a great player, I as a radiohead fan, I espicially loved your cover of 15 step, you made it interesting without overplaying. Good luck finding other mucisians because that would be a jam room!

Back