I'm happy & proud :)

Congrats to you and your daughter mate- great start for her that will hopefully lead to bigger and better things.
I take it that "the Judy Dench film" doesn't have a title as yet? Let us know so we can watch out for it when it's released!

Congratulations to Emma and family.

I'll go out on a limb here and pronounce right now that this is the start of something REALLY big.

Way to go!

as to your sucess..I'd say you already achived it.

Great job dad!!

Brilliant. Smashing. Lovely. There's not too many better feelings as when your children do well. Emma's lucky to have you as a Dad Andy. Is her skin really that flawless?

Congrats, Andy & Emma!
Andy, I noticed the beauty of your daughter on a pic from a thread months ago...
Such things don't escape me ;-) And yes, she has a very confident vibe - that's superb.

Thanks again guys for all your lovely comments :)

Larry, Emma is wearing makeup in those shots, so no, her skin isn't that flawless. At 18 years old, she has the same struggles as everyone else :(

Judy Dench film is without official title yet. Based on a true story about a young mother who's child is taken away through a strict Catholic system for "fallen girls", & her later life struggles to find her child. Emma plays one of several "fallen girls" in the convent. It's a pretty dark film by all accounts.

I think it's brilliant that you've helped your daughter make her dream a possibility. I'll guess that you know that path yourself. Many parents would run for the hills if their offspring mentioned a desire for a career in the arts. Thank you not doing that. I wish her all the luck in the world, though I know that won't be enough. Resilience is an absolute necessity.

I think it's brilliant that you've helped your daughter make her dream a possibility. I'll guess that you know that path yourself. Many parents would run for the hills if their offspring mentioned a desire for a career in the arts. Thank you not doing that. I wish her all the luck in the world, though I know that won't be enough. Resilience is an absolute necessity.
Thank you :) Yes, I know that journey well, but in my case, it wasn't with any financial backing from my parents. They supported me with encouragement, but didn't have any money to spare. Possibly one reason why I was determined to support Emma's dream. I've done the same with my older son too, but in a completely different arena.

What are we without dreams? Life is peppered with regrets. For my children, I don't want "if only" to be one of them.

Beautiful. Dream believer.
And yes, I understand that increasingly it takes money to support dreams.
I was lucky enough to have 'dreamt' when grants were available.
Although, my parents were hit up to support me when Means Testing came in.
They were divorcing.
There was so little to give.
And they gave it.
As they gave to my three sisters.
You have experinced generosity.
And you are passing it on.
Dream believer.

Congrats - she is a beautiful young woman and I hope great things happen in her career.

Wow...just great news.I'm sure there was lots of sacrifice and hard work but I know you'd do it again, in a New York Minute for that young woman.She's stunning.You must be on cloud 9.I know after putting my kids through college,nursing school and law school...that I'm so proud and completely broke,...kidding,not about the broke part though.But I wouldn't change a thing.It's all worth it in the end,just to see the look in her eyes.

It makes it all worth it.I wish her all the luck in the world,and may her seas be calm and the wind be at her back.She has a great dad to be proud of also.There aren't a lot of parents that go the extra mile,to help their children realize a dream.Cheers Andy ,nicely done.:)

Steve B

It can take me a while to get round to the Off Topic Lounge........sometimes too long. Only just saw this.

Congrats Emma.

And well done to her old man too!!

" I'm happy & proud :)" As you should be. You have a beautiful daughter.

It's nice when good things happen to good and deserving people. Best of luck to you all.

I know after putting my kids through college,nursing school and law school...that I'm so proud and completely broke,...kidding,not about the broke part though.But I wouldn't change a thing.

Steve B
Pretty much sums it up Steve ;)

Thank you again to all for your kind words of encouragement, & allowing me to share my joy here :)

Wow, that's terrific! Please keep us informed of when those films might be hitting the US. I would love to see her work. My wife would like it too if I can tell her that the actress is the daughter of one of my DW friends!

Great news! Thanks for sharing!

Back