Levon Helm

JohnnyG

Honorary Lifetime CEO
Staff member
"Levon is in the final stages of his battle with cancer," says the note. "Please send your prayers and love to him as he makes his way through this part of his journey. Thank you fans and music lovers who have made his life so filled with joy and celebration...he has loved nothing more than to play, to fill the room up with music, lay down the back beat, and make the people dance! He did it every time he took the stage."

Send your prayers.....

ive been up to the ramble many times at his house

listened to him playand sing and broke bread

this deeply saddens me

if any of you dont own the album Dirt Farmer I recommend you get it

I just posted this in the Off topic section....sorry.
I know at least 2 guys on this forum who've met Levon and have had the pleasure of jamming with him. He is a fantastic person and drummer.Always interested in new music.

He brought a smile to my face,and made my toe tap,every time I heard the man sing and play.I will miss him.One of the great ones,who could lay it down,without getting in the way.

Steve B

I really love that man. What a great guy. I hope he isn't suffering.

Sad, but the man had a great life and left behind so much awesome music. Even my kids, who are very young, love to sing along with The Basement Tapes, one of my all time favorite albums. Through the music you can literally hear the fun they must have been having as they put those songs together. Awesome musician. Love Levon.

I've been listening to his music intensely the past few days, what great groove, and soulful voice. He just seemed like a wonderful human being. Another great one passes on.

"Take what you need and leave the rest. But they should never have taken the very best......"

Rest in God's Eternal Peace, Levon.

I am so deeply saddened that there are no words to describe it

Back