Wan't to buy new heads.. Remo batter Pinstripe?

MapexDrums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Eder
Tough question about which heads because there are so many to choose from and we don't know what you like. Maybe you don't know what you like yet.

But to answer your measurement question, if you don't know, you could measure from the edge of the shell to the other, and that will give you the size. I'm gonna guess and say (without looking) you have 12", 13", and 16" toms, and a 14" snare drum and a 22" bass drum. Or you could have 10", 12", and 14" toms, a 14" snare and a 20" bass drum. Or any combination of those. But when you measure it should be numbers like those, any fractions or if you get 11" or 17", that's wrong.

Pinstripes are not bad heads. They'll definitely give you the durability to last a good long time and alot of people use them for alot of music. Drum heads come either single-ply, or double-ply (which the pinstripe is), or just thick (like Vintage Emperors by Remo) or thin, like Evans G1's. Single ply heads tend to ring more, and wear out faster. Double ply heads can ring, but you get the extra durability of another ply. So you'll have to kinda' go through the different heads and figure out what you might want to try. Both Remo and Evans explain their heads pretty well on their websites. Do some research and experiment!

Thanx for the Help, And yeah.. I did a Good developing Research, I Really like the Evans Snare Head when it has the White circle Thingy in it cause it Will train someone in my level to hit Directly in the Middle of the Snare, I kinda like it's sound to but For tom Toms and floor.. I really Like the Remo pinstripe it's an amazing Sound... And i don't really know what to go with...

Last edited:
Tough question about which heads because there are so many to choose from and we don't know what you like. Maybe you don't know what you like yet.

But to answer your measurement question, if you don't know, you could measure from the edge of the shell to the other, and that will give you the size. I'm gonna guess and say (without looking) you have 12", 13", and 16" toms, and a 14" snare drum and a 22" bass drum. Or you could have 10", 12", and 14" toms, a 14" snare and a 20" bass drum. Or any combination of those. But when you measure it should be numbers like those, any fractions or if you get 11" or 17", that's wrong.

Pinstripes are not bad heads. They'll definitely give you the durability to last a good long time and alot of people use them for alot of music. Drum heads come either single-ply, or double-ply (which the pinstripe is), or just thick (like Vintage Emperors by Remo) or thin, like Evans G1's. Single ply heads tend to ring more, and wear out faster. Double ply heads can ring, but you get the extra durability of another ply. So you'll have to kinda' go through the different heads and figure out what you might want to try. Both Remo and Evans explain their heads pretty well on their websites. Do some research and experiment!

I need to find New Heads For my Drums, I Saw the remo Batter pinstripe Drum Heads, And they Sound amazing!..I was thinking and i need advice on Should i really Buy it? I play for like 1 Year..

If you like the sound of it, buy it. If you're not too sure, buy it for one of your toms and see if you notice any difference. Maybe buy one of the emperors as well for comparison. That way you will be more sure of what you want.

What kind of music do you play and do you tend to want to bury the sticks in the head or let them bounce? Are your current heads dented or do you put holes in them?

I have and still do use Remo Coated Pinstripes, for the last 12 years. They are dependable and can usually give you what you need and as their promo says they can growl. I also highly reccomend the Evans EC-2 series batter and resonate which I have been using as well, don't forget about your resonate heads they are equally important and have decided to stay with the Evans. I am currently trying out coated Emperor. Go with your gut, buy the Pinstripes,
I say this because you have already heard them, they are popular for a reason so you know they are good quality. The truth is you won't know anything untill you put them on and tune them up and go a few rounds with them. it won't be the first or last time you experiment with different heads so it might as well be the Pinstripes to start.
That is my 2 cents worth.

All the best

Last edited:
Yes yes yes! Pinstripes are great. I have clear ones on top, with clear ambassadors bottom. Nice thick sound. Versatile too: if you tune to the same pitch top and bottom you also get a very nice musical roundness to the tone.

I think the idea of trying one on a single tom (say a 12" or 13") is a great way to check if you're not sure (buying a full set of new heads was a lot of money to me when I was starting out)

Back