Divine stick

Pukeboy

Isn´t it amazing how some sticks manage to survive the beating they get.
I´ve been using this stick for a very looooong time now and it still didn´t break.

I mean, there´s barely any wood left...

4571119029_c803ddfd03_b.jpg

I had a pair of sticks like that... lasted me literally 5 years.

The only reason they broke was because one of my friends drummed with me at a pep band gig and he's not really a drummer per se, so he's never sat down and worked on technique or anything... so it's awful and he brutally murders many many sticks whenever he plays usually. He played through the whole season using those sticks and finally during a playoff run when we were playing one of them finally broke.

It was actually sort of a sad moment... lol. They were Regal Tip 5BXs

Yikes - I'm not sure I'd call that a "stick" any more. I think it's a more of a splinter at this point!

Wow, 5 years for a pair of sticks? That's amazing! I can't seem to make it longer than two months with a pair of sticks. Either the tip flattens out (I use wood tips) or because of rim shots and what not they chip away and start to feel out of balance.

I have a similar stick in my bag, it's a bit over a year old. It happens from time to time, a freak stick just doesn't want to break. Because the balance and sound of such a stick is pretty bad, I use it mostly for back up, just in case I drop or break all the other sticks in the bag during a song.

Wow, 5 years for a pair of sticks? That's amazing! I can't seem to make it longer than two months with a pair of sticks. Either the tip flattens out (I use wood tips) or because of rim shots and what not they chip away and start to feel out of balance.

I don't break sticks often, I think I've broken literally three sticks in my last 4 years of playing a drum set, and I had those stick before I was ever anything more than a concert percussionist in middle school...

Even then, they carried me through many many concerts, marching band things and whatnot where obviously I wasn't exactly being kind to them... and still it took them that long to break.

If a stick of mine ever gets in that sort of state then i get rid of it. And it never does get to that state because i get rid of it before it gets like that. IMO, if the wood has been chewed away from the tip/taper then it doesn't feel right, doesn't sound right and just generally won't be seen in my hands.

Hence why i have 5B's with the occasional 2B's in my stick bag.
xoxo

I've only broken 1 drumstick out of my 7 years of drumming. It was a Regal Tip 5a w/a nylon tip. Funny thing is, I've had these Regal Tip 7a's for longer, though they are way thinner. Love the 7a's, though I usually use a pair of Vic Firth 5a's.

Back