Black Panther Walnut 13 x 6

darknessdude16

Received this beauty through my door a few days ago.

Its a Black Panther Walnut 13 x 6!

Stats are as follows:

- 8.5mm Thick Walnut Shell,
- Black Chrome Die Cast Hoops,
- 42-Strand Snare Wires,
- Remo Ambassador Heads.

These pictures dont do the drum justice! Its one of the best looking snares i've ever seen.

I ordered my Mapex Saturn (Fusion: 10", 12", 14" + 22") last week and it'll hopefully be here by Tuesday so there will be pictures up of that by the end of the week, fingers crossed!

If anyone is interested then the pictured snare stand is an Elite stand. It is essentially my local drum stores (Birmingham Drum Centre) own brand but boy are they great! Heavy duty, strong and very good stands overall! Again, more to come later in the week!

Feedback is appreciated as always : )

Enjoy!

Attachments

• DSCF1823 (Large).jpg
    DSCF1823 (Large).jpg
    77 KB · Views: 1,486
  • DSCF1829 (Large).jpg
    DSCF1829 (Large).jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 1,337
  • DSCF1838 (Large).jpg
    DSCF1838 (Large).jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 1,561
  • DSCF1839 (Large).jpg
    DSCF1839 (Large).jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 1,330
  • DSCF1841 (Large).jpg
    DSCF1841 (Large).jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 1,352
Last edited:
Brilliant, my man, brilliant. I've seen that snare in my local shop and it is beautiful. Your photos are great quality, but that snare is a showstopper in person. Enjoy and experiment with different count snare wires. I have a 30 strand on my maple BP and a 20 strand on my hammered steel one (both 14"). Just a great snare you have.

Brilliant, my man, brilliant. I've seen that snare in my local shop and it is beautiful. Your photos are great quality, but that snare is a showstopper in person. Enjoy and experiment with different count snare wires. I have a 30 strand on my maple BP and a 20 strand on my hammered steel one (both 14"). Just a great snare you have.

It really is beautiful. The sound is amazing as well, its so warm and the sensitivity is just great. I'm not sure I want to even play it as its good enough to just look at :)

Lovely racist snare drum you've got there :p

haha, think we should make a rival to BP? White Panther Snares?

Dam, I want one of those bad boys! I bought my Masters snare from Birmingham Drum Centre!

Bet is sounds sweet, get it cranked up!

sweet looking snare man, how would you say sound is compared to a black panther maple snare, kinda curious, never played a walnut, congrats and enjoy.

that Mapex is a stunning piece of work, just beautiful man! enjoy the great snare...

Thanks for all the kind words guys! It is a great snare, its so sensitive!

I've not long received my Saturns so its set up with them now and the whole kit is great.

You can check out my kit, with pics here if you want!

Ad

How is the hammered steel snare? I've been thinking about getting that black panther for awhile.

Oh man the hammered steel is incredible. I have used it exclusively for a couple of months and it has just the right amount of ring. It is quite sensitive but the hammered surface prevents it from having too much overtone. I feel it should be mentioned in the same breath as other first call steel snares. Do not hesitate to try one.

Back