What's the story behind your user name?

Well...

this is complicated. :-|

My middle name is Michael. And I play drums.

Hmmm...who 'da thunk it? I don't know how that is? ;-)

Ta hee...

I'm a Star Wars freak, my interest goes well beyond the movies; like games, tv shows, and so many many books. I have loved Star Wars ever since I can remember.
Boba Fett being my favorite character.
When I started college in 2001 my class year was 2005 so I started making usernames for all kinds of things and I liked Fett2oo5 the best.

Well...

this is complicated. :-|

My middle name is Michael. And I play drums.

Hmmm...who 'da thunk it? I don't know how that is? ;-)

Ta hee...

Michael...now that`s very complex and confusing stuff.
Haha, just kidding.

Mine is so simple as well:

Karl is my first name obviously and even more obvious: I`m a drummer.

By the way, I`m soooo happy I didn`t choose "Jazzer Karl" for example...personally I think the word "Jazzer" has an ironic or insulting undertone. The reason for this word-phobia is the music class teacher at our school. He always offends the Jazzband leader (who`s a real Jazz cat and lover) and me by using damn stereotypes about "Jazzers"...he`s a pianist coming more from the classical scene, especially church music. Of course it`s all fun but he caused this word phobia anyway. :-D

Karl

Michael...now that`s very complex and confusing stuff.
Haha, just kidding.

Mine is so simple as well:

Karl is my first name obviously and even more obvious: I`m a drummer.

By the way, I`m soooo happy I didn`t choose "Jazzer Karl" for example...personally I think the word "Jazzer" has an ironic or insulting undertone. The reason for this word-phobia is the music class teacher at our school. He always offends the Jazzband leader (who`s a real Jazz cat and lover) and me by using damn stereotypes about "Jazzers"...he`s a pianist coming more from the classical scene, especially church music. Of course it`s all fun but he caused this word phobia anyway. :-D

Karl

Hee...hee...

Hey Karl. Thanks!

I've always enjoyed your posts, and Thanks for your reply...

Peace! ;-D

Bonzo that easy to figure out(Bonham) Lead meaning the heaviest metal there is and I didn't. want to spell it Led I figure somebody else might have that one.So what's better than Bonham but a Heavy-Bonham......................Bonzolead

oikroitnik...
this is sound from underground hard dance dark trance, that i have often heard at free party/rave events out and about in east anglia (UK). I am stirred every time I hear it like a call to arms or gathering of the clan.
I think it is HH-SN-HH that electronically altered, possibly even inverted/reversed.

Garvin is the name of my cat... We named the cat after this crack-head that lived in the jungle by our house when we lived in Costa Rica. He was always perscribing these Rasta remedies that always consisted of random stuff scooped off the jungle floor and steeped in water. Good guy, good cat.

When I created my first ICQ account in 1997 I didn't have a username...this was the first silly-ass thing that flew off the top of my head. I've used it all over the place ever since.

It's catchy, most people assume it's my name.

...And when you ride off you yelling, Hi Ho Bronze!

Last edited:
Well, I wanted to think of something that wasn't boring (i.e. putting a favourite drummer/band in my name) so I thought of a recent, trivial incident at church.

Stupid story follows:

I guy I know, Ronald, tastes the orange juice (as a table of refreshments was set up that particular Sunday), reads the label, and noticed that calcium has been added. He then remarks to me "Its milk between orange juice." Firstly, I'd never heard it put quite that way before (and by that I mean, most people would have said something like, "Its a mix of milk and orange juice"), and secondly, his logic was fallacious. Milk isn't the only thing on planet earth with calcium. I thought those factors combined for a decently funny little saying.

I've stuck with this nick for many years. It started as a game moniker then became the name I released my solo music under (long before I ever heard of that Bright Eyes guy which is so annoying). It basically refers to a time in my life when I would hardly get any sleep, and was always walking around like a zombie. heh I'm still a bit of an insomniac these days, but not like I was back then.

My initials are ZZ and I use them for every name I make. Its good cuz its unique but I'm always last in everything alphabetical.

It's a song from the album Tarkus by E.L.P. This song happened to be playing on my headphones when I first registered on Drummerworld. So, I figured why not. ps I can't wait to read Dogbreath's explanation !

My first drum teacher was my next door neighbor and we were looking at jazz drummers and looked at 2 and the second one was Ed Soph and commented "the last guy's play style was a more sloppy in nature, I like his better, it's nice and smooth."

Smooth + jazz =

then I found out it was a style of jazz, and I hate with a passion.

if only changing the name was an option *sigh*

Origin of user name: My sister's very hot. Her other (girl) friends were hot & they treated me great...so even from school days my buddies said hot girls treated me like royalty.(No complaints there) & the name Royal stuck.

Back