What have you learned about neediness while being a drummer?

Shild

This is a question that's a bit hard to ask but have you learned anything from being a drummer where bands that want you are basically very abundant as opposed to guitarist? I mean have you learned about what kind of guitarist stands out from the masses?

I went from the very needy world of guitarist to the in demand world of being a drummer by spending several hundred bucks and a bunch of hours practice time. But I still have a very needy problem. In the online dating world womens profiles get tons of guys messaging them while guys profiles get almost nothing even when they are very well written and have great pics. I'm sure some of you will say "The message is clear cut, spend several thousand dollars and a bunch of hours to get a sex change". Problem is I'm not gay and doing so would be a major sin!

So have any of you guys learned about who succeeds in a low demand world by being in a high demand world?

No because I won't play any old music, so my choice of bands is very limited even though I'm a drummer. So referring to your sex similee analogy thing I only like redheads

I'm guessing real the crux of this thread is less to do with drumming and more to do with the fact that you can't get laid, yeah? Forget the online angle and try the real world for a bit. Go to a bar, talk to a girl, buy her a drink. Guys have suceeded in picking up birds face to face for millions of years prior to the internet.

Im married so...... Internet dating was not a big thing when we hooked up. I think i would rather meet women in person. Also women will always have the upper hand in dating. They control the cards. They have more demand. Always will.

Metal and hard rock drummers are in demand. If you like playing laid back and you don't have jazz technique, there's no demand. Most acts prefer to use drum machines in those situations.

It's not always wonderful to be on a dating site and wade through dozens of messages from lying dodgies looking for a quick root and who clearly haven't read your profile. Essentially, most messages I get translate to this: Dear Orifice Owner ... I wish to obtain access to your orifice/s. I hope you're naive enough to allow me this pleasure with zero effort made on my part towards you. You can trust me to do the right thing, just as fifteen other women have done earlier in the year.

: Dear Orifice Owner ... I wish to obtain access to your orifice/s. I hope you're naive enough to allow me this pleasure with zero effort made on my part towards you. You can trust me to do the right thing, just as fifteen other women have done earlier in the year.

Is that all that needs to be said? Why didn't you say so? Things would be so much more efficient ;)

5A. I use 5A sticks.

Bermuda

Is that all that needs to be said? Why didn't you say so? Things would be so much more efficient ;)

Yep Bo, if you want to avoid being hemmed in by the complexities of clever chicks then that's how to do it!

I go through phases of neediness and not worrying. I found out a very interesting thing recently - the less nicotine I have, the more I worry about being single. The body's neediness affected my mind to behave in the same way - to be drawn to unresolved areas in my life. It's my body's way of telling me that there is an unresolved issue it would like to address (ie. lack of nicotine).

Nicotine addiction - the ultimate in neediness. A gigantic head trip - you have to constantly step back so you can laugh at it rather than let it get to you. It all just comes down to chemicals ...

PS. Some claim to be 5As when they're really 7Bs ... no no, please don't ban me!! :)

Dear Orifice Owner ... I wish to obtain access to your orifice/s. I hope you're naive enough to allow me this pleasure with zero effort made on my part towards you. You can trust me to do the right thing, just as fifteen other women have done earlier in the year.
Haha - classic Pol-esque post :) The 7b comment could risk your status here however. I'm just imagining when the testosterone kicks in, guys will be claiming marching appendages, and all manner of large beaters/mallets, etc.

I'll bite.

My opinion: Online dating is depressing and fairly useless.

The ratio of men to women is 10,000:1, you get knocked back by chicks you wouldn't look twice at in the street... you waste your time chatting about absolutely nothing to either be removed/blocked/ignored or to go and meet them and they're disappointingly fat/ugly compared to their pictures... not that looks is my focus but I'm almost always misled. And there are thousands of chicks out there just looking to have their ego stroked, stringing lonely guys along. Their profiles all say the same shit.

I've met some okay chicks and it has gotten me laid a bit but honestly the effort you have to go to just to meet the person and see what they're like is just too much.

I say go and get rejected in real life, it's more fun. But seriously your chances are much better if you go out into the world and just be human.

Metal and hard rock drummers are in demand. If you like playing laid back and you don't have jazz technique, there's no demand. Most acts prefer to use drum machines in those situations.

It's not always wonderful to be on a dating site and wade through dozens of messages from lying dodgies looking for a quick root and who clearly haven't read your profile. Essentially, most messages I get translate to this: Dear Orifice Owner ... I wish to obtain access to your orifice/s. I hope you're naive enough to allow me this pleasure with zero effort made on my part towards you. You can trust me to do the right thing, just as fifteen other women have done earlier in the year.

This response is an instant classic! Haha! Love the phrases ... "quick root"? Never heard that one..

Dear Orifice Owner ... I wish to obtain access to your orifice/s. I hope you're naive enough to allow me this pleasure with zero effort made on my part towards you. You can trust me to do the right thing, just as fifteen other women have done earlier in the year.

Oh dear...

PS. Some claim to be 5As when they're really 7Bs ...

Haha... love it :)

... err, I practice with Vic Firth SD1.... but I play for real with Vic Firth SD9, however, I'm more a Vic Firth's Peter Erskine signature stick type of guy :)

I'm sure many here would advocate getting some drums but not getting a sex change to satisfy any "neediness". But neither of those, nor being gay, qualifies as a "major sin".... if there is such a thing. Go out, see the world.

Back