Bun E Carlos left Cheap Trick?

Cheap Trick's wiki page states that Daxx has been their unofficial drummer since 2010, with the exception of a couple of one-off gigs.

Bun E Carlos' page states the following. I guess he finally either quit or was let go officially:
In 2013, Carlos filed a lawsuit against his former Cheap Trick bandmates, claiming that even though they claim that he is still a band member, he is not being allowed to participate in band-related activities, including recording a new album. The remaining three members of Cheap Trick filed a countersuit, seeking an official affirmation of their removal of Carlos. Their lawsuit was thrown out by a Delaware judge in late 2013.[7]

On February 26, 2015, Robin Zander announced that the lawsuit was over. “We’ve settled our differences,” Zander continued. “Bun E.’s a member of the band, but he’s not touring and he’s not recording. … We’ve had our differences, but we’re all settled up now and hopefully we can forget about that era. These decisions that Cheap Trick makes, Bun E. is part of.”

yeah this is old news and Daxx (follow him on Instagram) has been them since the falling out w/ parts of CT and Bun E. except for the legal, i though both sides doing well especially Bun E's crazy / legend Ludwig museum.

Welcome to 6 years ago.

But as it goes:
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...carlos-on-possible-rock-hall-reunion-20151222

A lot of fans are confused as to why you left the band. Can you explain what happened?
Me and the singer don't get along very good. A couple of days before Austin City Limits in 2010, we had a big argument on the phone about scheduling for the summer and all this kind of stuff. We'd argued before over 40 years; all of us had. In the middle of the night, he called the office and said, "[Whiny voice] I can't work with this guy. He hates me." He didn't want me at Austin City Limits. I said, "OK, if you don't want me there, we need to work out some kind of arrangement since I'm a quarter member of the band." They were like, "We don't want you there. Can we use your drums?" I was like, "Déjà vu all over again."

We just drew up a contract that said, "I don't tour with the band, but I'm a full member of the band." We've got all these corporations. The touring company said, "If you quit touring, you lose your vote." I wasn't going to let that happen. I'm a full member of the band. So we drew up a piece of paper, and a couple years later the check stopped coming. I met with Scott Borchetta — that was something special. And then I had to sue them in federal court to get my money back. We did a settlement last spring and its all hunky dory. That's the short story.

Nice to see the drummer maintining his share of a bands rewards, even when he is not allowed to play with them. Good lawyering by Bun E.

At least he did get to play with them at the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame induction.... I met them after a show many years ago, they were pretty damned cool.

Fun story. My first bandmates and I went to see a Ramones/Cheap Trick show many years ago. The Ramones were opening, and we were really only going to see them. We all kinda looked down our noses at Cheap Trick at the time. Early 1980's.... Well, we stayed to see them and of course were blown away! We immediately started working on 3 or 4 Cheap trick songs for our set. I've seen them a couple times since, and would go again tomorrow if they were playing near me.

Back